Can it get any worse?

::er!ca::

Browsing through myspace, an old highschool classmate has this photo posted of her daughter. Little girl was born Aug. 2007. Yes, she's 15 months old and in a backless booster. :eek:

I *HAVE* to send her a message, right?

carseat.jpg

ADS

Calleiah

Thats horrifying! Reminds me of the time my dad wanted to do that with my 2 year old and I had a hissy fit. I hope she's receptive. :(

Callie

seamonkeys

OMG, that's awful! YES, you have to send her a message. I can look past some issues (i.e. FF when still small enough to RF), but that is just unacceptable!!!

AtTheSouthDam

DEFIANTLY send her message but don't be surprised if nothing changes. My SIL has had her daughter in a booster since 18 months despite the fact her daughter was too small and all the info I sent her, including state law stating she had to be in a harness seat until 4 years or 40 lbs. Some parents are moved more by convience than safety.

Blondie87

That's crazy, I couldn't imagine putting my 15 month old in a booster.

I just searched carseat on photobucket and 90% of the pictures the children are in wrong.. :(

Kat_Momof3

oh... my... god.

definitely send her an email.

go smalls steps... first talk about the benefits of having her harnessed (the Nautilus might be in her budget)... then talk to her about possibly putting her rf instead.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
She has bigger problems than just using a booster for a child that young. The seatbelt is not actually buckled. It's just looped around the armrest.

Heather98012

Could it be a joke?! Like...she was in an older siblings booster? I just can't believe that anyone is that ignorant. Or am I wrong?!?!

::er!ca::

I sent her a message, now I'm waiting to hear back. This little girl is an only child, so it wouldn't be an older siblings booster. I did ask her if that is how her daughter usually rides in the car. I provided her with a local place that she can call to get a FREE 5 point harness car seat if she doesn't have one and can't afford one. I also gave her the link to the Scenera on the WalMart's website, since it's only like $40. I linked her to the girly one on purpose, thinking maybe she'd think it was really cute.

I hope to hear back from her.

I had sent a message to another friend who posted a picture of her daughter on myspace, the baby is only 10 months old, was forward facing, and the chest clip was all the way down at the belly button level. Anyway, I never heard back from her... and since, she has posted numerous more car seat pictures of her daughter, still using the car seat in the same manner. It must not have gotten through to her, and now I'm convinced she's posting these pictures on purpose to try to prove a point to me. Sad. She has no point to prove, other than she's not using a car seat properly and her child is unsafe.

Wineaux

You need to send her Luv2Bfishin's post about his grandson Joel. Maybe THAT will wake her up. As it is, the way that child is currently harnessed, it's like she isn't restrained AT ALL! Serious injury or death would be the likely outcome in the event of an accident. That and Mom being charged if her DD was hurt or killed because of this gross misuse.

jess71903

Ambassador
You need to send her Luv2Bfishin's post about his grandson Joel. Maybe THAT will wake her up. As it is, the way that child is currently harnessed, it's like she isn't restrained AT ALL! Serious injury or death would be the likely outcome in the event of an accident. That and Mom being charged if her DD was hurt or killed because of this gross misuse.

Yeah, that baby should still be RFing, but I would settle for harnessed. Let us know if/when you get a response. I'm interested to hear how she takes it.

emandbri

:eek: Tell her to call graco, they will tell her that you can't use their backless boosters until age 4! Oh wait I think that is a cosco. It can be used at age one. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC