Regent or Frontier

• Frontier

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Regent

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

Melizerd

Poll to follow, with the info provide.

2 year old (well he'll be 2 December 23rd) so neither option would be used before that. I don't think I'd get it before then anyhow.

26/27lbs and 36 inches tall (last time I measured him standing). Too tall to rear face in the Scenera.

Main car is a 98 Plymouth Breeze, so no LATCH. The car has 201K miles on it so we could be in the market for something newER at any point.

Currently using the center position with lap belt only and I'd like to keep doing that if possible.

I'd be receiving it as a gift so someone else is buying it and shipping it to me.

Just make a decision for me :D

ADS

HEVY

Well I voted Regent. I love the Frontier but I think by the time he outgrows the Regent there could be a better booster out there. I know it's a gift so the cost is not an issue when getting the most from it. But I still think the Regent would be best. As for the car and installation I have no knowledge on that except I couldn't install the Frontier in my car (96 Sable) but was able to install the Regent in less then 5 minutes :thumbsup:

Morganthe

Do you have a top tether available (either installed or a DIY) for your center spot?

Honestly, I don't know. I have both seats and still can't tell you :p
If Frontier has installation issues, then go with the Regent. But that recline bar & the annoying rules for LBP & SBP make it difficult for many cars too. :rolleyes:

DD & I love our Regent, but it's a pre-enhanced model. She's more comfortable in it than the Frontier, if that's any help. I'm also not impressed with the padding level on the Frontier. I don't think it would be as easy to sit in it for the lengthy endurance drives we've had.

I need a clicky button!!! :crying:
Apologies for not helping... and no, I didn't vote. :whistle:

Melizerd

Yes I do have a top tether available and already installed in the center position.

Lol I didn't put a clicky box on purpose. I know they are both good seats and it really is a hard decision either way.

celtic1885

I clicked Regent! I have 2 of them. One in my '04 Expedition and one in my 95 Plymouth Neon. My dd loves them!

Haven't tried the Frontier..............my dad always taught me not to buy the "first" model out, that and I already had the Regents. :eek:

Melizerd

Hmm the neons are a smaller version of the Breeze (same as a Dodge Stratus) so that's promising that you can fit them into it.

Do you have lap belt only installs? Have you done LBP and SBP? I suppose I only need to worry about LBP because I'm figuring by the time he hits 40lbs I'll have a different car.

I wonder if USA Baby will let me test seats out. The nearest BRU doesn't have the Frontier only the Regent.

celtic1885

she's installed behind the driver, (dd3 RF behind the passenger). Lap/shoulder belt, dd1 installed - think it's LBP but will double check (she said she followed the diagram on the side of the seat. I trust her, she can do a rock solid install of seats that is amazing) and play with it (can't tonight we're under tornado watch/warning.) Do have to use a locking clip though.

MomToEliEm

Do you need a seat for traveling by airplane? Will the seat stay installed in the one car or might it need to be moved around between cars?

If you do need an airline compatible seat or something easy to move around, I would choose the frontier. If you just need a long-lasting seat that will pretty much stay where ever it is installed, and you have a top tether already, then I would choose the regent.

Niea

My vote is Regent. It's large, yeah, but super comfy with a lot of room and installs easy in most cars.

I figure if you need a "traveling" seat down the road, you can always pick up a Nautilus. Since this will be a gift, I say get the Regent now.

Morganthe

If you do need an airline compatible seat or something easy to move around, I would choose the frontier. If you just need a long-lasting seat that will pretty much stay where ever it is installed, and you have a top tether already, then I would choose the regent.

After dragging the Radian halfway around the world & returning home to open up the Frontier & seeing its width + overall size, I would safely say that you could NOT PAY me to transport a Frontier through airports & airlines. :twocents:
(unless one-way relocation journey AND it could not be included in moving household goods :p)

Spring for the narrower & less bulky Radian. It's really worth it for air travel, especially if you're a normal sized person already cramped in seats & the only adult travelling. It's bad enough to deal with because its a seat, but excellent for the hassle. :thumbsup:

Okay -- I"m going to commit. :D
Since you have a top tether for the lap belt....I recommend

REGENT!

It sits lower in a small car and I think that makes it less of an intrusion. The Frontier lasted one day in my Camry before the Parkway went back to its original position beside the Regent. The Frontier was just too much SEAT for a spare seat. DD rode in it & was happy... but she's never missed it. She was completely satisfied to return back to the Regent. That's not like her for 'new' things, especially when pink.

It's comfy for your child.... and if you have to, you can work around the whole Recline Bar/LBP-SBP installation issues. Not authorized officially :whistle: :duck:, but still practical for safety. Whereas with the Frontier... if you can't, you can't.

hth & good luck :)

oxeye

I prefer the Frontier to the Regent.

For a smaller kid, one reason is the crotch strap. On the closest setting on the Regent, DD1 has a lot of room between her body and the crotch strap and that makes me a little nervous. She is on the middle crotch strap position in the Frontier.

I prefer the side-impact wings on the Frontier that the Regent does not have.

Also, for long-term the Frontier looks more like a big kid seat since it is also a booster. I imagine it will help with some battles if DD1 realizes that none of her friends are harnessed anymore. So far that hasn't been an issue at all, though (and if the Regent were my only choice, she'd just have to deal with it LOL).

fyrfightermomma

Hmm the neons are a smaller version of the Breeze (same as a Dodge Stratus) so that's promising that you can fit them into it.

Do you have lap belt only installs? Have you done LBP and SBP? I suppose I only need to worry about LBP because I'm figuring by the time he hits 40lbs I'll have a different car.

I wonder if USA Baby will let me test seats out. The nearest BRU doesn't have the Frontier only the Regent.

USA baby does. I have tested numerous seats there :) I've tested a Radian, Signo, Frontier, Regent and True fit there with no hassle. However they do stand there and watch which is annoying!

Melizerd

USA baby does. I have tested numerous seats there :) I've tested a Radian, Signo, Frontier, Regent and True fit there with no hassle. However they do stand there and watch which is annoying!

Heehee Good to know because I'll be going to the one in Brookfield if I can make the trip.

Mama2J

I voted Regent because I have one and love it. However, maybe the Frontier would be better since the Regent is discontinued (right?). I don't really know much about the Frontier though.

Melizerd

When I was at USA baby a week or two ago they had REALLY current DOM. It's not discontinued as far as I know either.

I know there was a rumor when the Frontier came out but it hasn't happened.

Melizerd

Ok I decided on the Regent in Huntington.

Thanks for the input. I think I'd rather worry about a booster when the time comes. Who knows what my options will be or what car I will have and what my needs will REALLY be. Maybe a Frontier will find it's way into my life anyhow (lol).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC