Marathon and True Fit Comparison

Lenae

Marathon and True Fit Comparison (now with pics)

Well, I rode Oregon in my fathers truck with DS in the middle of the front seat and we had no problems. And a big plus, we went to Target and compared DS in the MA and the TF. I did take pictures (crappy ones with my cell phone, but it was all I had), and I will post them when we get home. DH and I also went to BRU but he didn't want me to try out any more seats there because he decided on the TF. :rolleyes: DS was right at the second slots of the TF with all the padding, and without he was right at the first slots. I was surprised at how much more height the padding gave him. And, I've always known DS was a leggy boy, but I didn't realize how much so I suppose. Two or three months ago he wouldn't have fit in the MA because he would have been too short. He's almost 11 months old. He did look a little slouchy in the MA, but for the life of me I couldn't get him to sit up in it. DH is adament that we get the TF, and I pretty much agree with him, although I think I'm going to wait until the new ARB one comes out. When is that supposed to happen, anyway? I had a few questions.... Are the top harness slot heights on the two comprable. And, are the bottom harness slot heights comprable? I think tomorrow I'm going to measure his torso height and see if maybe he was just slouching crazy style I didn't catch it. I dunno.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think the TF has slightly lower bottom and slightly higher top slots.

I think the ARB TF will be out Jan. if everything goes as planned...

Kat_Momof3

unless he's grown a TON.. it looks like he should easily make it till the ARB Truefit comes out, so I'd wait.

Not something I'd risk a child being outgrown too soon for, but when you clearly have the space, why not??

the truefit has lower bottom slots, higher top slots, and (for those skinny kids) the headrest means that they will NOT outgrow this seat with their ears or before they are 35lbs rearfacing.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
(At least, one would hope not. My freak child might accomplish it... I put her in one at the store and she was pretty big in it...)

sunnymw

ketchupqueen--did you take the bottom padding out? It has to be out for kiddos over 22lbs, and I think it'll give you 2 more inches of room or so ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, I took it out. This is the six month old who has outgrown the CS already, and is less than 1/4 inch from the top slots on the Scenera, less than 2 inches from outgrowing by height, and on the 3rd slots in her Radian, almost to the 4th. She looked to have about the same amount of room in the TF as in her Radian. Insane.

Lenae

Well, here are the pictures I took. They are cell pics, so not the greatest quality, but it was all I had. Does anyone else think DS looks slumped in the MA? Oh, and the red striped shirt is the first day, and I got DH to go back to Target with me, so the blue shirt is the second day. (Sorry the pictures are so big)

1226424450.jpg

1226424787.jpg

1226426472.jpg

1226424938.jpg

1226425220.jpg

1226425578.jpg

1226426046.jpg

Lenae

The SS1 is called Imperial. It came as a travel system. My mother ordered it online somewhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC