Bye sweet Safe Embrace RIP - one down, one to go!

tjham

I dismantled one of my precious FP Safe Embrace seats today. :(
My grandson doesn't need it any more, and it will expire in March 09 so I can't give it to anyone. It was THE BEST seat! *sigh*

I cut the straps (may save the tether strap for...something...I don't know what, but that hook looks like it would be good for something! :p), pulled out the foam, wrote "expired - broken - do not use all over it, put it in the big garbage can and dumped old salsa and used kitty litter over it.

I still have the blue velour cover. Dang, it still looks practically new. If anyone has a FPSE that is good for longer than mine was and wants the cover FFS, let me know!

Now I have to remember where the other FP seat is :confused:. Hmmmmm.

Update at #8.

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah...sweet sweet FPSE... I always thought the RF belt path over the cover but under a flap was a touch of genius...

tjham

Oh heck, I loved that seat. Except it had no padding in the butt area. Still love it....
Jessie
Funny you should mention that - when I took the cover off, I discovered two disposable diapers positioned in that exact area!
Apparently, the lack of padding bothered me also! ;)

I had to cut the tether off the seat so I have to find a use for it that doesn't involve looping the other end.
That kind of limits its use, doesn't it...:rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot to mention that my husband was with me in the garage while I did this, with an incredulous look on his face.
At first he said, "but somebody else could use it".
After I explained about expiration dates, brittle plastic, etc. his eyes glazed over
and he quietly resigned himself to watching the crazy woman go at it...

tjham

Update:

I found the other one and destroyed it today. Didn't have any old salsa so I poured a cup of milk over it (in the trash can) before putting the kitty litter on it. That milk will sour pretty fast, the temp here is already over 80 degrees! :p

The straps were still totally flat and untwisted after EIGHT years. Why can't other companies figure out how to accomplish that? :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC