I just got my confirmation for my class on Monday!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And step one is passed. LOL Thanks to the people here there was nothing I didn't know on it (other than the phone number for directions). I'm going to get my car vacuumed this weekend, it's already picked up (well, as picked up as a car is with a nearly four year old, it'll take five minutes to finish that part tops, then vacuum). I'm going to leave the Wizard RFing tethered. I can take it out in a jif during class if they want, but having a tech say he's never seen that before when I get it inspected last week? Not going to happen to any of my classmates. :)

Actually, the fun of this is beginning today! My best friend is coming tomorrow or Saturday, we're going to a concert Saturday night, then my mom and stepdad are coming on Sunday! So today my cleaning lady is here, I'm doing sheets and towels and putting new litter down and getting ready! Yay! I'm so excited. Such a geek.

Everything is printed out for next week. I've got directions, my confirmation, payment receipt, all that good stuff. I've got the letter with numbers/schedule, maps, events, etc. for my mom and stepdad so they can watch Piper (this is the first time I'm leaving her for such long periods with someone besides Nathan, and the first time I'm doing something multiday).

Four more days! Thank goodness the first class starts at 10, so I can leave at a decent hour, get lost, and see how long it takes to get there (it's over an hour away).

Wendy

ADS

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
How exciting!!! I am very excited for you. LOL Sounds like a fun weekend. I am very impressed that you are leaving Piper for that long! Its great that your parents could come watch her. I took the class when Hannah was 2 and DH stayed home with her for the 4 days.

You are going to have so much fun! Piper will have a blast too I bet.

Rachel

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
That is awesome. You will truley enjoy your class and enjoy knowing more then a lot of your classmates. I had serious worries about a few of mine becomming tech's. LOL My hardest part was trying not to sound like too much of a know it all, so people wouldn't hate me... Let us know how it goes. It is so awesome to be able to tell someone you are certified, and makes you feel like you are now Legitamite when giving advice, even though you already know a lot before taking the class.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Dsunny1 said:
That is awesome. You will truley enjoy your class and enjoy knowing more then a lot of your classmates. I had serious worries about a few of mine becomming tech's. LOL My hardest part was trying not to sound like too much of a know it all, so people wouldn't hate me... Let us know how it goes. It is so awesome to be able to tell someone you are certified, and makes you feel like you are now Legitamite when giving advice, even though you already know a lot before taking the class.

hehe BTDT before for my EMT classes. I've been certified with only a few lapses as either a First Repsonder or an EMT since I was 16. But I keep letting my certification lapse, so I've taken classes completely over again. There are some people who I am SO happy to see fail, I would never trust them to scrape me off the road. And there were those who wanted me to shut up, and others who thought it was great to have someone else besides the instructor to ask questions.

Speaking of which, my EMT just lapsed in February, and now I want it back. LOL Probably in the next year or so I'll look into classes, again. I'd like to start volunteering again when Piper is older.

Wendy

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I am so jealous you get to take the CPSTclass and you have a cleaning lady! Send her my way! My apartment looks like a wreck but bending over is hard so i have to squat ad i seem to fall Evey other time i do that so i've just let it go (and DF seems oblivious to it. Thankfully my parents havent been by and his family is even more oblivious than he is so no one has noticed it to my knowledge.) Now i have to be jealous of both you and my SIL, it turns out the class i was going to attend was made for the local fire department to get trained (i have a thing for fire fighters :) ) she's going to be the only female student the rest will be male firefighters (are we sure i cant go???)

I was happy to hear that have the cpst class failed in may since most of them werent even paying attention (we paid more attention is HS that these guys!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC