outgrow the Scenera rear facing by height?

Melizerd

How old? How tall? And what weight did your child outgrow the Scenera by height.

I'm pretty sure Gabe took his last rear facing ride in the Scenera today. He's 26lbs and 36 inches tall and 22 1/2 months old. He's only in the seat once and awhile so it's probably been a month since he was in it. If he's got an inch he's got JUST an inch over his head now.

He's so darn tall and all torso I swear.

ADS

Blondie87

My foster son is 29 months and 35.5 inches and he still has at least 3 inches above his head.

Last edited:

ffpmcps

My DD is 25mo, and right about the same, 26lb, 36in, haven't measured torso height in a while, but she is all torso as well. I actually just sat her in a scenera tonight while we were shopping. She had maybe 1 1/2" at the most. I was actually a little surprised. I don't have a scenera, and haven't sat her in one in a very long time.

Andrea

fyrfightermomma

My youngest just outgrew it and has very close to an inch. She is 19 months, 36 inches and 28 lbs and has a huge torso.

My older one who is 3 1/2 still has room to spare even though she is taller at 38", but all legs.

My baby has a 2 inch taller torso than my older one :)

Kids can be so weird sometimes!

So nope, I don't doubt it

Melizerd

well at least I don't feel crazy then. I just couldn't believe it. I mean in the Marathon he's at the top of the Britax Logo already too.

fyrfightermomma

well at least I don't feel crazy then. I just couldn't believe it. I mean in the Marathon he's at the top of the Britax Logo already too.

That is totally my kid too! She just started covering the entire logo....it baffles me. One tiny kid, one huge kid

Atleast we aren't alone!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ was 33 mos, 37", and 34#, he outgrew both aspects at the same time.

I bet Evan is too tall now, I'd have to check at the store as we don't have one anymore. IF Evan is too tall, Ilana is getting close at right atthe mark too I bet, they're 37" and 32.5".

Kat_Momof3

Ruthie had outgrown it completely at 2yrs old... she was 35lbs at 23.5mo, but a month later was 30lbs... but at 36" of mostly torso, she was past the top slots already, so her Marathon was essential.

I don't think many kids are going to make it past 3... unless leggy.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My six month old has about 2 inches to grow before she outgrows the Scenera by height RF. :eek:

This is my 97th-percentile-in-height-most-of-it-in-her-torso kid... The one who is almost to the 4th set of slots on her Radian...

I think Logan out grew it RF at 3 years old..... He was 36 inches and Around a 13.5 inch torso? I think.... I knwo for sure though he was just 3 when he outgrew it Rf, but had tons of room RF in his FPSVD

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am jealous whenever someone mentions a three year old (heck, a two year old!) with a 13.5 inch torso.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My six month old has about 2 inches to grow before she outgrows the Scenera by height RF. :eek:

This is my 97th-percentile-in-height-most-of-it-in-her-torso kid... The one who is almost to the 4th set of slots on her Radian...

I need to see pics of that, holy cow! :eek: I thought Ilana was long w/ about a 13" or just over that torso at 2.

Melizerd

Gabe is in the 97th percentile height all the time too and obviously all torso.

So now I need to decide, Frontier or Regent. He can ride in the Scenera for a bit forward facing in my mom's car but I'm getting rid of it. I hate it. He's not 2 yet so I'll wait for sure until then to decide (only 6 weeks) but I need to decide NOW whether I want the frontier or the Regent. <sigh> I'm going to have to make another trip to USA Baby to try and install them in my car.... In November when it's already cold and snowing :(

SPJ&E

Pacey outgrew the Scenera RF by height right around 3 yrs. old. He was about 29 lbs. and 37" tall. He still had plenty of RF height room in his Marathons.

fyrfightermomma

Just cause I want to show how freakishly weird my kid is shaped (she has like no legs and this super huge torso) I tried to get pics. I am by myself so I had to take them myself so they aren't great. It is sitting on a wood floor with legs criss crossed

Pink is the baby (19 mos) and red shirt is my oldest (3)

You can't really see but the number above my baby's shoulder that is completely visible is "15" so she is right at 14. In the 2nd one she is leaning forward but if she sat us straight it's even with 14

My older one is slouching a bit but was right around 12 exactly. Weird!

DD2 was not pleased. Please excuse her expression

I wonder if anyone has that torso beat! LOL

100_0542.jpg

100_0543.jpg

100_0545.jpg

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I need to see pics of that, holy cow! :eek: I thought Ilana was long w/ about a 13" or just over that torso at 2.

I never do seem to remember to take pics of that one in her seat. But she's crazy long and even crazier long in the torso. She wears size 6-9 month pants but size 12 month dresses, and even those are a bit shorter than I'd like. It's insane. She had a 10 inch torso at birth (and she was 20 1/2 inches long at birth.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC