Looking for good affordable convertible carseat

U

Unregistered

Hello All,
I am looking for a good convertible car seat. My baby is over 9 months old and has out grown the infant carrier. We were looking at the safety first convertible or perhaps the Evenflo Titan, any input would be much appreciated.

ADS

skaterbabs

The Cosco Scenera (on sale right now for $35 at Kmart). $40 regular price at Target. It RF to 35 lbs and FF to 40 lbs. The slots are a little low, so it will be outgrown FF fairly soon after turning FF, but at that price you'll likely get 2-3 years out of it in which to save up for a nice FF-only seat. The straps are a little twisty, but as long as you're diligent about keeping them tight when baby is in the seat, and untwisting them before buckling baby in, they're not too bad.

K

kelly

I used the Scenera for awhile for my tall 3 to 3.5 year old. It worked great. Very nice seat for the money. Its pretty tall in the shell, and is taller in the slots than many seats. Its something to compare when you try out seats, as its not written on the box anywhere. I don't know anything about the Titan, but something to check (shell height and strap height).

She used the Scenera after outgrowing an older FP seat by height. It didn't last her as long as I'd hoped, but she was in a HUGE growth spurt. The Scenera shell was considerably taller, which was nice b/c the truck it was in had the glass window right behind her head. In the Scenera, she was totally under the seat shell. The straps were about a 1/2-1" taller if I recall.

Specifically what Safety 1st seat are you looking at?

scatterbunny

ITA with the others, for convertibles on a budget the only one I really recommend is the Cosco Scenera.

Evenflo and Graco convertible seats only rear-face to 30 pounds. They are usually outgrown quickly. The Graco's harness adjuster is usually difficult to reach when rear-facing. The Graco is outgrown the soonest of all convertibles. The Titan is a bear to use properly (loosen and tighten harness especially, after the seat has been used awhile).

The only other convertibles I routinely recommend are the Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe (rear-faces to 33 pounds, forward-faces to 55 pounds, $160-$170), the Sunshine Kids Radian (rear-faces to 33 pounds, forward-faces to 65 pounds, $180-$200) the Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard (rear-faces to 33 pounds and forward-faces to 65 pounds, $220-$290).

Sometimes the Safety 1st Intera isn't a bad choice, either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC