Video on Oobr!!

ADS

HEVY

I like the seat now more than when I first seen it.
Anyone catch the interviewer saying her toddler just started in a booster. I don't know about anyone else but to me toddler ends at three then preschoolers start at four.

clmchrissy

I like the seat now more than when I first seen it.
Anyone catch the interviewer saying her toddler just started in a booster. I don't know about anyone else but to me toddler ends at three then preschoolers start at four.

Yes I caught that! Sames thoughts too.
I really like this booster.

Maedze

I just watched that...I caught the toddler thing to :thumbsdown:

But the Oobr looks so.cool. I can't ever afford the price tag (the Marathon was our big car seat purchase and I will never again be able to talk my partner into something that expensive!)

But it looks like it fits almost like a Graco Turbobooster just not as plastic and chintzy. I wonder how high it adjusts?

scatterbunny

Michael has said (on this board) that it adjusts to 21 inches (seating area to shoulderbelt guide), so taller than a Turbo.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Is that Michael/clek (member here), I wonder? :p

I would guess so--she called him Mike. He's cute! :eek:

I really do like that seat. I'm hoping that by the time DS needs it, the price will be a little lower. If not, I'll probably buy it anyway. (Presuming it gets good reviews and makes sense, of course.)

Kat_Momof3

I wish I had the money to afford it just for the fabrics apparently being stain proof.

I had no idea Mike was that young... I agree, he's cute!!

I hope when she said toddler she meant a 4yr old, but I have a feeling she means a 3yr old... SIGH.

melniemi

Man, I had just talked myself out of buying this seat x2.:whistle: Hmmm...still not sure and hoping it becomes an option on the weight watchers points thing. I wish I could see one in real life.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Very cool! Love the quick release and the recline feature!!

Maybe someone should post comments on the youtube about her "toddler" in a booster.

NannyMom

I had to rewind twice to make sure I heard her properly. But yes, she said "toddler". No wonder he's uncomfortable sleeping in it :rolleyes:

I have a question. How do you all think the recline will affect the fit of the seatbelt on the child? I'ver never seen a booster recline.

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
That seat is super, way cool. I will probably end up with the monterey tho. I can't justify the extra $100+ dollars.

FWIW, the Jane Indy also reclines. :)

ZephyrBlue

I'm really impressed w/the design, but I wouldn't spend $100 more than the Monterey. We :love: the Monterey, and the price is way more reasonable for the quality, IMO.

emandbri

I think it looks AWSOME! I loved how easy it was to release! It is kind of a pain to move the monterey and I'm always moving seats around. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that the boosters start at 40 lbs instead of 30! YEAH CLEK!

It would be super cool is if they offered a discount to techs like sunshine kids :whistle:

Like others I'd deeply worried about that women's toddler! :eek:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Looks like they are showing the Oobr at different kids/baby shows. I wish they would come to my town and show it off!! I'd so be there!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
The Oobr does look nice. I wish I had enough latch spots for X to have one. :( when he outgrows his BV, which is going to be soon (I can't believe he still fits in it at almost 7 yrs old!)

Any kid that is young enough to be referred to as a toddler is too young to be in a booster seat. There are a few comments now and it looks like the interviewer is going to be defensive about it. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC