Did anyone watch wifeswap tonight?

Auntie2six

The one family had their 10 and 12 year old's in high back Graco TurboBoosters!! The "replacement" mom said that the booster seats were degrading to the children.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I KNEW there was a reason I wanted to watch that show! It must have been psychic...dh put on some lame movie instead...just as well, I'd have thrown a coffee cup at the replacement mom, I'm sure... grrrr....

hillary116

I don't watch the show- what did the dad say to replacement mom? What did the kids think of the boosters?

Rosey

I thought they could have been in low back boosters. And was annoyed that the replacement mom was making a big deal about them. The kids were acting very annoyed with them and she just let them take them out of the car and they threw them across the yard.

NannyMom

I thought it was great that the older kids were in boosters. They seemed a bit small. However, it wasn't so great that the boosters weren't used properly. The 11 year old had the shoulder belt on her arm at one point. THe headrests were belowtheir shoulders, so the shoulder belt was coming from too low. I'm sure people took from the show that the kdis were too big and too old for the boosters :( If adjusted properly, I'm sure it would have been great.

LiveLaughLove

I was upset that she said something to the kids about their seats as well, and that she actually LET them toss the boosters around the yard! But, they weren't using them correctly, and I'm sure the kids would have been hurt in an accident. At the very end of the episode, they show the kids in the car without the boosters, and the kids' seatbelts fit them perfectly, and they were wearing them properly. So, after being mad for an hour, after seeing the end, I now think it's actually a good thing they're not in boosters anymore.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
They boy had one of the belts(shoulder probably) come OVER the arm rest.

I couldn't do that show for fear of what they would do to my carseats.

Susan

firemomof3

I thought it was strange how the replacement mom's child (the one with the red hair) had his seat belt on and it fit high across his abdomen :mad: And of course no one said anything about that :hitselfonhead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC