So...how do you like your Frontier?

melniemi

Now that it has been out for awhile and the issues have been fixed - as far as I know - how do you like it?

Do the straps twist real easy or are they fine as long as you keep an eye on them?

Can your child buckle themselves in - assuming they could in their previous seat?

Do the headwings push the head forward like the boulevard?

Is it Britax quality like their other seats?

I want one in a plush cover!! I will wait for it too. But I might just keep my dd in her regent, not sure I love her in it yet, but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

ADS

fyrfightermomma

I didn't have problems with twisty straps. Just have to be careful with them :)

My child couldn't buckle before

The head wings absolutely DID NOT push her head forward. They weren't like the BLVD (well the old one, I've never seen the newer one). I loved them. No head slump

I personally did not feel it was "normal" Britax quality. Things just felt flimsy and cheap to me like the armrests, the smoother thinner straps (i love the thicker britax ones), the cup holder etc. I just didn't think it seemed very "rugged"

I honestly just didn't like it though. It got dirty real easy, I didn't like the straps, it just wasn't as easy to install as I had hoped, the armrests were really flimsy.

I did like the harness height adjustment though. If I could add that to any other seat I'd be in love! I also liked that my daughter could sit criss cross on the seat with her legs

But the cons outweighed the pros for me so I got rid of it...

I probably won't be getting a new one...ever.....

BW1426

I personally did not feel it was "normal" Britax quality. Things just felt flimsy and cheap to me like the armrests, the smoother thinner straps (i love the thicker britax ones), the cup holder etc. I just didn't think it seemed very "rugged"

I honestly just didn't like it though. It got dirty real easy, I didn't like the straps, it just wasn't as easy to install as I had hoped, the armrests were really flimsy.

These are the exact same things that bothered me. I felt like the fabric was cheap compared to other Britax seats and it was a PITA to install with a seatbelt. I don't see myself buying one in the near future.

remken

I agree that it doesn't seem like the same quality as other britax seats. Especially the cover. I'm very happy with mine though. I haven't had any problems with the straps and I loosen and tighten every time. I do use the chest clip to loosen both straps though. My youngest dd doesn't though when she lets her brother out. I have mine installed LBP.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't love it as much as my other Britaxes.... but Leah LOVES it...omg, I've never had a child mention a seat as much as she does (and heaven knows they've had enough opportunities, all of them, to fall in love with seats... :rolleyes:)

clmchrissy

I have come to really love my Frontier. This is the second one I've owned, I had to sell my first one because I just couldn't love it. The twisty straps are annoying at times, but nothing like my old AO. Absolutely no head slump, DS loves his seat. I'm planning on getting a second for DH's truck as soon as I can.

melniemi

Thanks for the input! The joys of living in the middle of nowhere - I can't try out seats w/o driving over 2 hours.

Still deciding what to do. I'm not sure my dd will ever part with her cougar:p

oxeye

I've only been using it a couple days and DD hasn't slept in it yet so I can't comment on head slump but I think it would be an improvement over the Boulevard - her head slump in that was terrible! I always felt so bad for her when she fell asleep in the car.

The twisty straps hasn't been an issue thus far - they seem comparable to the Regent and I am used to that. Same with digging the buckles out from under her butt - used to that already with the Regent. Though a little velcro like with the convertibles would be wonderful!

I actually really like the mesh fabric and think overall it's a nice looking seat. DD LOVES her pink seat and can't wait to use the cupholders. It's her favorite carseat.

I don't like the LATCH install in my Sienna but it's in there rock solid with the seatbelt long-belt path.

MissAllyLou

I've only used it once, today, but I will say this: It's HUGE for skinny kids (I had a 3.5 year old, JUST 35 pounder in it today), it's harder to install than any Britax I've ever used (and I've got an MA and a BLVD), and yet I still love it. It's huge, which I like, it's bulky, which I like, and I can still fit it 3-across with a Radian and a BLVD.

essnce629

We really like our Frontier as well. We have the red one so it doesn't look dirty or anything, but a plush fabric like our Huntington Regent would be nice. I don't really have much problems with twisting straps, but I am careful with them. My son never buckled himself up before, but he does unbuckle himself. I usually loosen and tighten the straps every time when buckling him up. I actually like the cupholders since they are deep enough to hold his stainless steal straw cup securely. My son loves the seat. His other seat is a Regent and he loves that one too. He doesn't have any problems sleeping in the Frontier, and has never had any head slump. We also had an older BV that he just outgrew and we never had any head slump in that either. I've haven't had any problems installing the Frontier and have installed it rock-solid using the SBP in every car except the Mini Cooper, which needed the LBP. I've installed it in 7 different cars so far.

tweetykl

We like ours but the twisty straps is an issue for me, especially because dh has the frontier in his car and I can't garantee that he is noticing the twisty straps. I called Britax and they were going to send me new straps and they have not arrived. I am going to call back on Monday.

remken

I or my dds when they put Remy in his seat has not had the straps twist. My h was able to get them to twist on him some how.

Melanie

We've been using ours for a few months now and overall I'm pleased. There are things that could be improved on. If I had to do it again, I'd pick the same seat.

I'd prefer a plush cover. DD doesn't seem to mind the mesh, but it seems like a crumb catcher. I also wish it had the little bag on the back to put the end of the latch strap in.

The cup holders are so-so. They don't seem very sturdy. I could see them getting broken off by a child climbing on them. I do love that they fold away.

DD's head is not pushed forward at all. She had absolutely horrible head slump in the Boulevard (old style).

The twisty straps are manageable. I just keep an eye on them. It would be nice to have a velcro strip like the other Britax seats so you don't have to dig the buckles out from under the child.

Install isn't nearly as easy as a MA or RA. I'm assuming it's about the same as a Regent. I've found it super easy with LATCH, and LBP is fine once I got the hang of it. It's not the kind of seat I'd want to have the grandparents trying to install.

I like the "coolness" factor of it. I like that it looks more like a booster than a car seat. I think it will be easier on DD being harnessed past her friends if she has a cool looking seat. If there wasn't another choice, she'd just have to deal, but this seat is a nice option.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
We really love the Frontier. It is not a prefect seat but it's such a great fit for my dd. She is super comfy in it. She was able to buckle and unbuckle her MA and can buckle and unbuckle the Frontier as well.

I think the quality is great. I don't think the cupholders are bad. I have PW and the cupholders on that are totally useless. Compared to the PW these are awesome.

The straps can twist but we have not had major problems with twisty straps. INstall is a pain. It can be done and is not hard once you know how to do it. But, it still is more difficult and more of a pain than installing her MA.

kelsy

we like ours. and IMO there is no such thing as a PERFECT carseat or stroller LOL!

i would like a plush cover and less flimsy armrests/cup holders... but the current ones arent a problem for us.

the ratcheting harness adjuster is something we havent had in the past, and i cant say i am a fan of it. this is probably what i dislike the most about the seat... but i have read that britax uses this type of harness on other seats too. so, maybe it will grow on me?

we havent had a problem with twisting straps and DS doesnt fall asleep in the car veryoften so i dont know about head slump.

installing wasnt too bad. a breeze with latch and just a bit of a learning curve with the LBP.

overall i would recommend it and i think we will get a LOT of use out of it!

oh and ps... i LOVE how much leg support it has! my DS is above average height (90+%) and i can see that he will have lots of leg room/support for YEARS to come!!!

pps... i do tend to loosen/tighten everytime it just makes it easier to get DS in, and since i have a new improved harness, i pull on one side to loosen without any problem.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC