Maclaren Help, Please!

MoreLatte

I read on here that a few of you have bought a mac from maxoty on ebay and had good experiences. He had lots of positive feedback, so I bought an 08 quest from him. I really wanted a black one, the 07 from babye-store, but at the last minute I thought the 08 would be a better pick.

Well, first of all, the new buckle was really hard for me to unfasten, it is a round button that has to be squeezed on both sides. I emailed him and he said Maclaren wouldn't be able to help me, he would check with the repair guy to see if we could get a different one. That was Tues. So I have gotten the stroller back out of the box to play with it and I'm not really impressed. The seat material feels like a dryer sheet! lol. In other words, CHEAP! Then just now, trying to talk myself into liking it, I got it out again. But then I couldn't get the folding mechanism to work. I fussed with it forever! I did finally get it to fold. Do you think the 08 models just don't have the same quality as older ones? My Graco Ipo seems nicer and this was supposed to replace it.

He has no return policy listed. I know, I should have paid attention to that. I emailed Weds and told him I would be willing to trade for an 07 model. He hasn't responded. Has anyone had to deal with this guy after the sale? I think I should return it and try to get my money back. I'm not happy that the serial # is missing from the stroller and the box. So, with no return policy in the description, do I have a chance at all of getting my money back if he isn't cooperative?
Ok, that was way long. Thanks for reading! Thoughts?

ADS

USmominOz

I have never bought from that e-bay seller. I know that I have used this one and so have others here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Quest-...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I bought my Volo from them and they do give refunds.

Have you felt an older model to see if their is a difference?

Have you tried folding it a couple of times to see if it gets better?

Did you pay through pay pal? If so and the stroller is not folding right and they won't exchange it I think that you can open a dispute since the stroller would be faulty.

Can you tell that the sticker was taken off?

Good luck.

I read on here that a few of you have bought a mac from maxoty on ebay and had good experiences. He had lots of positive feedback, so I bought an 08 quest from him. I really wanted a black one, the 07 from babye-store, but at the last minute I thought the 08 would be a better pick.

Well, first of all, the new buckle was really hard for me to unfasten, it is a round button that has to be squeezed on both sides. I emailed him and he said Maclaren wouldn't be able to help me, he would check with the repair guy to see if we could get a different one. That was Tues. So I have gotten the stroller back out of the box to play with it and I'm not really impressed. The seat material feels like a dryer sheet! lol. In other words, CHEAP! Then just now, trying to talk myself into liking it, I got it out again. But then I couldn't get the folding mechanism to work. I fussed with it forever! I did finally get it to fold. Do you think the 08 models just don't have the same quality as older ones? My Graco Ipo seems nicer and this was supposed to replace it.

He has no return policy listed. I know, I should have paid attention to that. I emailed Weds and told him I would be willing to trade for an 07 model. He hasn't responded. Has anyone had to deal with this guy after the sale? I think I should return it and try to get my money back. I'm not happy that the serial # is missing from the stroller and the box. So, with no return policy in the description, do I have a chance at all of getting my money back if he isn't cooperative?
Ok, that was way long. Thanks for reading! Thoughts?

USmominOz

This add from them does not state a return policy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Maclaren-Q...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

and if something is wrong they will fix it.
It also says to see item description for return policy and it is not stated in the description part.

Which color did you get, and does it look like this one? If so I actually think it is a lot more padded then my old Quest and I too did not like the big buckle since my ds is old enough not to be harnessed in.

MoreLatte

I have never bought from that e-bay seller. I know that I have used this one and so have others here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Maclaren-Quest-...14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I bought my Volo from them and they do give refunds.

Have you felt an older model to see if their is a difference?

Have you tried folding it a couple of times to see if it gets better?

Did you pay through pay pal? If so and the stroller is not folding right and they won't exchange it I think that you can open a dispute since the stroller would be faulty.

Can you tell that the sticker was taken off?

Good luck.

So is that seller considered an authorized dealer? You still have the serial # and can deal with warranty through Maclaren?

I've tried out one at BRU, but not long enough to know if it is really that different. I just don't have a good feeling about it. I think the seat looks a little mis-alligned(is that even a word?lol).

I had folded it twice before and it was fine, but today, it just didn't want to budge and I was afraid I was going to break it. I don't know if it is a faulty mechanism or what. The stroller has not left my breakfast room, my 2yo was in it for a few seconds, so I know we didn't do anything to it.

And I am super annoyed that the serial # was cut off the box and yes, you can see residual pieces of the sticker on the frame. I should have done more research before buying, but I consider Brand New in Box to mean that it has been untouched, especially for $190!

I'm going to send yet another email and see if I can return it. I just hope to not drag this out forever. I'm worried that my 2nd email asking about the return policy now has him ignoring me since he hasn't responded 3days later:rolleyes:.

Thanks for letting me vent and for the ideas on how to solve this!

MoreLatte

Yes, its that same one but coffee brown and sky blue. The material is really weird, soft but not padded and its kind of loose and wrinkly(sp?) and feels like a used fabric softener sheet!lol. It looks much nicer in the pic. I don't think it will hold up well....

USmominOz

If you don't hear back from him, then put a dispute in through pay pal.

I just hate when you have that gut feeling:(.

Look through all his other postings to see if any of them have their return policy stated.

USmominOz

I just looked into his return policy and he does not have one at all.

Also it looks like he may be on vacation because if you click on his stores policy it says on vacation. If you don't hear back in a week then put a dispute in w/ pay pal, it can take up to 30 for it to get resolved. If you have to send it back to them then you may be out for shipping both ways.

I don't like the fact that they took the sticker off. Did it look like the box had been opened and re-tapped before you opened the box up?

MoreLatte

I just looked into his return policy and he does not have one at all.

Also it looks like he may be on vacation because if you click on his stores policy it says on vacation. If you don't hear back in a week then put a dispute in w/ pay pal, it can take up to 30 for it to get resolved. If you have to send it back to them then you may be out for shipping both ways.

I don't like the fact that they took the sticker off. Did it look like the box had been opened and re-tapped before you opened the box up?

I opened it from the bottom, which had no tape on it at all, just looks like it was glued from the inside at the factory. The top has been re-taped, but looks like they carefully took the top layer of the part of the box with the serial # off, then taped over. I didn't even notice it at first, until I started looking for a #. Then I came back here and read that he sells gray-market, whatever that means, and that the serial #s are removed. I wish I would have read that BEFORE I bought it, but thats my fault. I read through his feedback and it was great.

I think I'll either drive to the one store that carries it(an hour away) and check one out to compare, or buy the 07 one from babye-store and hope for the best, as far as him letting me return it. That vacation notice has been up for a while, because I checked ebay for about 2wks before making my(bad) decision and it was up when he replied to me the first time. I just hate playing this waiting game. Thanks so much for your responses!

USmominOz

Gray-market means shady, it is not a good thing.

I know that they other person I posted earlier sent me my Volo all the way to Australia.

I would really put a dispute in w/ e-bay to get your money back.

I had this happen w/ a bag and they never sent it to me.

Just keep all the dates when you sent your e-mails.

Let me know what happens.

MoreLatte

I sent an email today, basically telling him that after examining the stoller, I had decided to return it. I told him I was concerned about the folding mechanism and the fact that it doesn't have serial #s and to please let me know how to go about returning it for a refund. I also noted that I was concerned that I paid $190(30 was shipping) for a stroller without serial #s and I can't contact Maclaren for services now, nor would I be comfortable selling it to someone else without the #s.

Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon. I think I'll give him til Tuesday morning to reply.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Initially, I thought maybe I was being too picky, but I really think returning it is the best thing to do! I'll let you know how it goes.

MoreLatte

Yes, they emailed back saying, they don't accept returns, all sales are final. Prior to that, I checked out another 08 model and it was exactly the same. I haven't had any issues with folding it. My DH thinks it was because I didn't have shoes on and maybe I wasn't fully engaging the mechanism. He also thinks I am being way too picky about the fabric on the seat:rolleyes: I've decided to keep it at this point. I really don't want to go through the hassle of trying to return it. They said they will fix or replace the stroller if needed, so that is reassuring.

For my needs, a Volo probably would have been sufficient, so I figure I'll use it for a while and may end up getting a Volo anyway.

MoreLatte

I used the Mac last night for the first time and it does push like a dream! So far, I'm pleased with it. I keep seeing awesome deals on the Volo. Does your 5y old use the volo? My 5y old doesn't need a stroller but if DH and I are out shopping together with the two little ones, we like to take 2 strollers because she does like to hop in and out. I just may need to get one:whistle:

Niea

I recently bought an '07 twin techno and it is really hard to fold, like the folding mechanism is just way too stiff. I first tried it in the house without shoes too and nearly broke my foot. It's been 7 mos and it's loosened up some but I still need shoes on and a lot of force. I think that's how they are eventhough my volo was never like that.

USmominOz

I used the Mac last night for the first time and it does push like a dream! So far, I'm pleased with it. I keep seeing awesome deals on the Volo. Does your 5y old use the volo? My 5y old doesn't need a stroller but if DH and I are out shopping together with the two little ones, we like to take 2 strollers because she does like to hop in and out. I just may need to get one:whistle:

Yes, my ds still sits in a stroller, it makes shopping much easier. He will play his ds. I actually find it easier to steer and he weighs 41 lbs.

I am coming home to the states for x-mas and dh won't let me bring one so I will have to go and buy something to get me by and to leave.

MoreLatte

I recently bought an '07 twin techno and it is really hard to fold, like the folding mechanism is just way too stiff. I first tried it in the house without shoes too and nearly broke my foot. It's been 7 mos and it's loosened up some but I still need shoes on and a lot of force. I think that's how they are eventhough my volo was never like that.

So maybe it wasn't all in my head! I'm really going to keep an eye on it. My pliko lite is such a swift fold, I think I'm just spoiled by that.

Mama!

I got our Mac Major from him plus the accessories for a steal.(half of medical supply prices)

I had no idea it was gray market (which sounds shady but I really don't know the definition). I had no problems, and while he wasnt exactly all chipper friendly, he/she did respond.

I never noticed that I dont have serial #'s. :( Where would I look?

USmominOz

I got our Mac Major from him plus the accessories for a steal.(half of medical supply prices)

I had no idea it was gray market (which sounds shady but I really don't know the definition). I had no problems, and while he wasnt exactly all chipper friendly, he/she did respond.

I never noticed that I dont have serial #'s. :( Where would I look?

Flip the stroller over and it should be on the bottom frame.

Mama!

So since our wreck I've had to fool with the stroller, I noticed that the stickers are just white. I guess the serial # was filed off.:( I really needed the stroller, and had to pay out of pocket for it too. Oh well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC