I got to check a seat at LLL last night!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I had so much fun. :) We had like 5 new people last night doubling our normal group so it was great to see so many tiny babies (lots of girls, lol). Carseats were brought up at the end when there were just a few of us and one of the moms said she needs to take her dd's seat in to someone professional to have them check it. I asked if she was parked outside, she said yes, and I said come on! She had the install pretty good, I got it a little tighter w/ some stalk twisting, but her seat use was terrible. :( She was using the top slots on her 7wk old and the straps needed to be tightened. We also went over rfing till at LEAST 1 and 20# and keeping them that way as long as possible as well keeping the handle down while driving. She was so thankful and was really impressed w/ what she didn't know, lol. I love checks like that, where the parents really care. It was an old Discovery so I mentioned the expiration (next Feb) and how she needed a new seat by then. She was great fun and we had a lot in common so I'm hoping she comes next month too. If not, I at least know her dd is safer for now. :)

ADS

Kellyr2

Cool!! We had a seat check at the last meeting I went to as well, after it had come up during the meeting, and the leader is a tech. I knew my MA was in great, but its still comforting to actually have a tech confirm it. And my Husky is installed with the long path and I have the locking latchplates and wanted it double checked and she assured me that its holding just fine. Its sometimes hard to tell if its just braced tightly up against the MA or held tightly on its own.

skaterbabs

Yeah, I've done more than one check in the parking lot after a meeting. lol I need to renew my membership. I've been going since a few months before Joyjoy was born.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I need to renew too. I started going when I was about 5 mos pg w/ AJ and have only missed one meeting since then. :) I used to live (and bf) for those meetings when AJ was little. lol

LovinMyBabies

That's awesome!!

I went to one LLL meeting...I didn't really feel "welcome" there... It was held in a WIC office meeting room. When I went in, they kept asking for my WIC card, which I didn't have since I wasn't using WIC. Then they are like, "Why are you here?" I said for the LLL meeting. THe lady then had to go ask if that was ok... The ladies at the meeting were awesome...I just didn't feel welcome because of the WIC office hounding me.

vamom

Are local LLL meetings have all been in homes, mostly 1, with a few changes here and there. It was great to have the support, but at the same time our local group was not very tolerent of those who did not follow the same path. Congrats Jennifer!

skaterbabs

I've been lucky, our group is really open and friendly. We usually meet in one of a couple of places, libraries usually, one local group meets in a church, we've occasionally met in a home but that's rare.

LEAW

Gosh I have 4 groups that meet w/in 15 min drive of me, 2 are night meetings in homes, 1 night in library, and one day in a church. And if I want to drive just a bit further, there are 2 more that meet about 30 min from here, though I've never had to do that!

I find parts of each group to suit my needs, adn people in each group who also really rub me the wrong way. So I pick and choose which meetings each month based on my mood and if I actually need/want to see certain people in those groups. Works great for me!

I think that WIC office is nuts!

Lea_Ontario

The groups near here (2 of them) both meet in the Early Years Centres. One is after it's closed thankfully, the other group meets while the centre is open, and just has the meeting in a room off the playroom. VERY difficult set-up for moms of older children.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC