Britax cover question

Holly

Out of tan swirl, onyx, and cowmoo, which do you love the most?
The texture, not just the print?
Are they nice and cool in the summer, and not cold in the winter?
Does the white part of cowmoo get dirty fast?
Is it fluffy or just plush?
Just wondering

ADS

NVMBR02

Cowmoo. It was very soft and plush, but I wouldn't cal it fluffy. The white part is actually off white and I never noticed it getting dirty, not even last winter with rain and snow. I didn't notice it getting really hot or cold. I am in MN.

I miss my cowmoo cover, but the Marathon is in Dh's car and he hated it. :(

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Cowmoo :love:

The white isn't all that white. It is more of an marbel of white and off-white. I don't find that it gets dirty fast at all.

image.jpg

BW1426

I like both the cowmoo and tan swirl textures equally. I personally like cowmoo better pattern wise, but only because I am not a fan of tan seats with my black interior. I wouldn't go with onyx because you have a tan harness.

Holly

I wouldn't go with onyx because you have a tan harness.

If I get onyx, it will have a black harness.

My whole seat might be getting replaced.
I even told them about my cover being washed, they don't care, they think it's coming apart from my harness rubbing it since all the other glued seams are still fine. I asked if they could just send a britax cover, and they wont let me, they said they can't allow the use of parts from a different seat on it.
They are searching for a fpsvd cover, but if they can't find one (and she said they think they are out of fpsvd parts all together) then they will probably replace the whole seat. They are going to let me know what they can find out in a few days.

BW1426

If I get onyx, it will have a black harness.

My whole seat might be getting replaced.
I even told them about my cover being washed, they don't care, they think it's coming apart from my harness rubbing it since all the other glued seams are still fine. I asked if they could just send a britax cover, and they wont let me, they said they can't allow the use of parts from a different seat on it.
They are searching for a fpsvd cover, but if they can't find one (and she said they think they are out of fpsvd parts all together) then they will probably replace the whole seat. They are going to let me know what they can find out in a few days.

Holy sweet deal. I'm shocked that they are doing that.

cpsaddict

Honestly, the Onyx is cooler in the summer. I do love the Cowmoo and that's what I have, but my seat was an Onyx and the middle part is kind of nylony(new word I just made up. LOL). The sides are soft.

Holly

Holy sweet deal. I'm shocked that they are doing that.

I know I was shocked too. I was so not expecting them to say that.
It sounds like a waste to me, my seat is still perfectly fine, it's just the cover, and one of their covers would be a lot less than a whole seat.
She was adamant about not letting any britax part be used on the fpsvd though.

keri1292

Didn't they send someone here a Britax cover as a replacement? :confused:

I'd go with CowMoo because I love the black harness. Never looks dingy! :thumbsup:

Melanie

I haven't seen the tan IRL. I love cowmoo. It doesn't get dirty like you'd expect. Our old Shannon cover showed much more dirt. It's very soft, but not fuzzy soft. We have a spare Onyx & it's just ok IMO. The middle gets hot to to the touch if you happen to live where it's very hot (as in 110+). The sides are more fuzzy.

I'd get cowmoo unless you have tan interior.

Holly

I'd get cowmoo unless you have tan interior.

We have a grey interior, so I think it would look good.
Our radian is tan though LOL, I wish I would have gotten the granite cover, I have so many stains on the tan cover, maybe I should definetly not get tan this time.

Rosey

I don't really like the tan swirl pattern and if it is anything like the crocodile, it would show dirt. I would get cowmoo, but I love the print and the plushness. The onyx has the slick middle but if your kids sweat it will get wet.....like sitting in leather versus cloth seats...get out and your shirt back is wet cause the seat doesn't absorb moisture.

Holly

I don't really like the tan swirl pattern and if it is anything like the crocodile, it would show dirt. I would get cowmoo, but I love the print and the plushness. The onyx has the slick middle but if your kids sweat it will get wet.....like sitting in leather versus cloth seats...get out and your shirt back is wet cause the seat doesn't absorb moisture.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.
during the summer, my kids sweat in the car and their hair gets all wet too.

3acorns4Christy

We have a CowMoo seat, got it as a replacement and I wasn't a fan. My son is deeply in love with his cow seat so we won't be parting with it. But I do love how it hides dirt, I was shocked on how much it does until I needed to spot wash a juice spill on it. After I cleaned the spot my cloth was very dirty. So I tried a different spot with a clean rag and sure enough it was filthy. I had no clue, the cover hid a ton of dirt and hid it well!

I did notice when it was hotter, he would sweat more in the seat, but it wasn't exessive nor would it make me not use the cover. Just his back was more damp in it then in the Granite cover.

Holly

If it's not just limited to those 3 choices, is there another you would pick instead (gender neutral)?
So far it's looking like cowmoo is it, I swore I'd never get a cowmoo seat.
Of course, they might always find a fpsvd cover, and thats great too, but I just want to be prepared with my choice if they do decide to replace the seat.

Rosey

I love brownstone but I doubt they would have it since I think it is an old cover. It (like granite) has a really nice texture and holds up really, really well. Otherwise, I am a huge fan of the girl covers, but not so much the boy ones. If you could swing an extra $50-60 when you go to pass the seat down to baby Joshua, the live a little and get pink. I would be totally jealous if they had the new pink and brown--Allie?

Kat_Momof3

Definitely cowmoo.

I loved zebra, but cowmoo, with it's tan lines that make it look more realistic, definitely camouflages.

the only things that showed up on it were things that would on any seat (like grape jam)... and they came right out.

I miss cowmoo terribly (and zebra).

wish I could cover the van in that softness.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC