Graco Nautilus on the TRU.ca Website!!!

ADS

Pepse

it seems a little fishy that we were thinking that Barb was going to get one this week and that they would be in the warehouse this week and it get posted on TOYS this week.

hmmmm

raelynn

Senior Community Member
$229???? Wow....I am speechless. Maybe be won't be getting one of these after all. I was expecting $179 or so.

horseymom

ouch..that is pricey!

so it says it has 18.5 top slots, can someone remind me what the frontier top slots are again??? sorry I always forget

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
ouch..that is pricey!

so it says it has 18.5 top slots, can someone remind me what the frontier top slots are again??? sorry I always forget

The Radian states 18" top slots and the Frontier has about an extra inch of growing room (when installed in the vehicle)... so 19ish"? My Radian's (all 6 of them) only ever measured at 17", but with the way they fit in the vehicle they would get a child to a 17.5" - 18" torso. The Frontier would then get that same child to an 18" - 18.75" torso.

Top slots are really subjective to how it fits the child when installed in the vehicle... so I never bother to measure the actual slots anymore. I just created a thread showing the different fits of our most popular seats when installed in the vehicle. I'll add the Nautilus once it's on store shelves. :)

ETA: The price doesn't totally surprise me... I think that's what we were expecting. I'm interested to see the leg depth and shoulder width in person... wondering if it's really worth the $70 price savings over the Frontier?

horseymom

The Radian states 18" top slots and the Frontier has about an extra inch of growing room (when installed in the vehicle)... so 19ish"? My Radian's (all 6 of them) only ever measured at 17", but with the way they fit in the vehicle they would get a child to a 17.5" - 18" torso. The Frontier would then get that same child to an 18" - 18.75" torso.

Top slots are really subjective to how it fits the child when installed in the vehicle... so I never bother to measure the actual slots anymore. I just created a thread showing the different fits of our most popular seats when installed in the vehicle. I'll add the Nautilus once it's on store shelves. :)

ETA: The price doesn't totally surprise me... I think that's what we were expecting. I'm interested to see the leg depth and shoulder width in person... wondering if it's really worth the $70 price savings over the Frontier?

you have 6 radians? :eek: my husband would for sure kill me LOL and yes, I'm very intrested in how the Nautilis fits in the shoulds as well

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
it's still a lot cheaper than a frontier...

$70 is not a lot cheaper if the leg depth is not adequate or the shoulder width is too narrow for older kids to actually use it in booster mode.

It's also not cheaper if you do not have head restraints in your vehicle and require a very high back booster for safety.

$70 broken up into 9 years of use is less than $8 per *year*... for a seat that appears to have more hip room, leg crossing ability, more shoulder room, higher booster mode, and deeper thigh support. :)

The Frontier is a seat that I am completely comfortable telling parents 'it will be the last seat their child needs'. I'm not positive if I can say that with the Nautilus just yet. Longevity plays into that $70... which is why I'm reserving judgement until I've seen it in person. ;)

I'm not totally positive, but I think someone also mentioned all seats were on sale at TRU recently... including Britax, which would make it even less of a price difference.

Both seats definitely have their niche... I'm just waiting to see where that niche is for the Nautilus until I've seen it installed in a vehicle with an older child in it. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC