Question So.....i guess I'm considering a booster?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I was thinking about a post a ways back where a poster said she wouldnt use a nauti in booster mode because the headwings aren't deep enough...she referenced that set of crash test videos where they have a wingless seat, a "small" wing seat and a deeper wing seat...and of course, the deepest wings did the best.....so now i'm thinking...maybe getting a second nauti isn't the best choice...perhaps I should go ahead and get a good booster instead.
And i realized..my booster knowledge is not so good. Plus, looking at the booster options..it seems like all ther really good ones that get recommended here a lot...are pricey....like, more than a harnessed seat.

so.....which boosters do you guys love with great wings/side protection?
Right now dd is a slightly above average 4 year old, who weighs 38 pounds and some change. For right now, the seat would be a backup spare...used *maybe* once per month or so when work schedules get wonky and dh has to get her in his car or something..if that. But then in maybe 2-3 years, when the harness in the gn is outgrown, it might be something she rides in a bit more regularly..if it protects better than her GN does. so taht at that point, perhaps IT becomes her primary booster, and the GN becomes the backup booster...doesn't that make more sense than buying a second GN *IF* i'm not going to want to use the GN in booster mode?
Oh..and i only need 2 across a family sedan, 2007 model with side airbags, has headrests.

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
If you can still find a Parkway, I'd get that, simply because of her size, if no Parkway can be found, a Vivo would be my next choice - she is little.

Irishmama

If you're anywhere near Lombard, IL the buybuyBaby there has a couple Parkway's in purple for $59.99 plus they will take the 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons as they are owned by that company. They also take competitor's coupons. The DOM on the seats they have left is 12/07. I was there Sunday and they had at least two left. Hope that helps!

Qarin

I'd get the second Nautilus, and worry about high back boosters in a few years, when the time comes to either convert or replace (or hand down) the Nautiluses.

But as boosters go, the Parkway is great, and a year old one would last until she's 9 years old.

of the current on sale Britaxes, why would you pick either a Frontier or Regent over the other? It's a little early for me, but I might as well start learning about boosters and other big kid seats.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
of the current on sale Britaxes, why would you pick either a Frontier or Regent over the other? It's a little early for me, but I might as well start learning about boosters and other big kid seats.

I would get the Frontier if I were choosing simply from Britax. I won't buy a Regent, it's too big for my van and we just don't have the need for it. 18" harnesses will get us a long way w/ my kids, so the Regent is just too much. We have a Nautilus and will look at the Monterey or some other latchable booster when the time comes. It'll be at least a year I bet, since Ilana is only 26.5#, she should last till 3 at least rfing.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
When she's a little bigger... Sunshine Kids has a discount price for techs on the Monterey :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC