Car seat puzzle solvers -

monstah

I am helping my sister out with her car seats, and it a bit harder than I thought.

DD1 7.5y riding in a LBB (Graco Turbo, I think)
DD2 4.5 y in a Graco something, still using the harness, but nearly expired and outgrown.
New baby coming in 5 months. (Will need a bucket & a convertible.)
I don't have their heights or weights yet, but they are smaller than average.

The big problem I am having is that, they are always riding in different vehicles and will need to do three across.
I assume that if they don't fit easily, the booster will surely be thrown in the trunk, and probably never emerge again.

I may have her apply to KDM for DD2, I am fairly certain that they meet whatever the criteria is. But, we can probably avoid that since I have the following seats GN, RN, BLVD or Scenera. That I could give them.

ETA: I want to decide what seats I am going to give her before Christmas because that is when I will be up in Boston. (I am in NJ)

ADS

loufrando

Well I know the RN and the Blvd (and probably the Scenera too) puzzle well together. I had a RN (ff) puzzled with a MA for a while (both rf and ff) and they puzzle extremely well. The RN fits right behind the Britax 'wing'. I might worry about them installing the RN over and over in different cars though, that could be tricky...:scratcheshead:

I've never gotten to play with a GN in a car, so I couldn't say how that would puzzle. Could you play with them in your car to see how well they fit together? The GN would be ideal if it did puzzle with one of the convertibles because it's easier to install than the RN and would last longer too.

If I can fit RN, MA, TB in my itty bitty CR-V then they should have room for the booster in almost all cars if you can make the other two seats puzzle.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

monstah

Giving them the Radian makes me a little nervous because of the installation problems that it can have.
I can't believe I never thought about using my husbands car to test out how everything fits together. He has a 99 Honda Accord. Thanks.
But, I don't have a booster, how much room does a turbo booster need?

Ideally, I would like to give them the GN and Scenera. Since they are our "extra" seats.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
The Turbo can be tricky to fit in 3-across, and a PITA to buckle even if it does fit.

The GN doesn't really "puzzle" with anything as far as I know. It's like a huge block.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC