Question My daughter is 33 pounds!

Cristina

My daughter just turned 2
She is a big girl (38 inches tall) and today she finally tipped the scales at 33 pounds even.
She is happily rearfacing in a Decathlon.
So...what do I do?
I have a Scenera in grandma's car. Am I better off swapping seats until my daughter is 35 pounds? That way she would only ride FF in my mom's car once of twice a month, and she would still be RF in my car.

Or should I invest in a new seat (I like the TrueFit, but have not tried it installed in my car)?
I don't have a ton of extra $$...but I would spend it if I had to.
Thanks for any advice :)

ADS

SPJ&E

Well, the True Fit goes to 35 lbs. RF, same as the Scenera. So if she can still fit RF height wise in the Scenera (at least 1 inch above her head), I'd definitely just use that since you already have it available.

And I think it's time to update your signature...lol

Cristina

Well, the True Fit goes to 35 lbs. RF, same as the Scenera. So if she can still fit RF height wise in the Scenera (at least 1 inch above her head), I'd definitely just use that since you already have it available.

And I think it's time to update your signature...lol

I'm updating as we speak ;)

I have a slightly harder time getting a good RF install with the Scenera in my car.
But...at the rate my crazy kid is growing, it will only be in my car for a short time.
Maybe I'll just use the Scenera in my car until 35 pounds and then get myself a Regent and give the DC to my mom.

When I got the DC 33 pounds seemed like so far away..can't believe it snuck up on me so fast.
Of course I am the only one of my friends who does extended RF and I am also mom to the largest of all the 2 year olds I know. Why can't I have a peanut of a toddler who could RF until they were like 10??? :p

SPJ&E

I think that sounds like a great plan (use the Scenera for as long as you can, then get a Regent for your car, and give the DC to your mom)! They grow way too fast, that's for sure! My cousin's little boy turned 2 in August and was 32 lbs. and I believe 35" tall then. He's not the least bit chunky, he's just always been a solid boy.

I've always had some issues with the Scenera because of the way the base is...it's hard to get the seatbelt or LATCH belt to sit just right. Hopefully you can get an acceptable install in your car though. If you need help, I'm sure you know that you're in the right place!

ginny4

sure go ahead use the scenera RF if that is what you prefer. she won't likely be there for very long. my DS went from 33-35lb in 2months.

pastrygirl

OK, this thread freaked me out because I have the same name as you, and just yesterday I discovered that my son is around 32 or 32.5 pounds! How's that for coincidence? :p My son will be 2.5 next month.

I also have a Scenera but I really don't like that seat at all, so I decided to FF the MA. I just turned it around this morning. :(

NannyMom

I think I would switch seats and use the Scenera for the couple extra pounds, as long as you can get a good install. I don't think I'd bother with a TF for 2 pounds RF, because for less $$ you could get a Nautilus that would last longer. My DD is a couple weeks younger than your DD and I couldn't image FF her. Do you want me to cry with you?

abacus2

Using the Scenera for a little while would be a good choice. I would not buy a new seat for a 33lb just turned 2 year old because they are likely to be 35lbs very quickly. Really, it's great that she's made it to age 2, some kids have to turn even sooner.

mish

I just wanted to ask if you are married to the idea of buying a Regent. If not, you could get a Nautilus or a Frontier and be able to convert to a booster down the road.

As far as the rear facing, use the scenera if that is what you are comfortable with. If you can't get a good install, or just hate the seat, don't feel bad about FF. You have done it as long as you can. You have done a wonderful job. The most we can ask for is parents to rear face their kids to the limits of their seat. You have done that. You deserve a round of applause!

PixieEMT

I think my son could be a potential future BF for your DD! ;) My DS was born 9/18 , he just turned 2 and at his check up 3 weeks ago he was 33lbs even. He's 36 1/2 inches tall.

I know I wish I had a peanut toddler too! :eek: I get so mad when I see people with peanuts I know could be RF but aren't! :mad:

At least we made it this far! :thumbsup: Better than some poor babies out there.

bombedier

Senior Community Member
I would go with the Scenera in your car - would pool noodles help with the install? I seem to need those so far with each Scenera install RF I have done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC