Did anyone listen to Click and Clack last night?

Maedze

CarTalk is my favorite radio program. :)

One of the people who called in had a different sort of call. She has a three year old, her friend has a three year old, and they share a nanny. Except now the friend is pregnant and there will be a third child.

They can't get three car seats across in either of the cars so their solution to this is to buy a new car together for the babysitter. :eek: She wants to know if there is any difference in safety between a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, 2001.

Click and Clak told her to get a 1998 Volvo Wagon.

I wanted to call the program and yell, "TELL THE MOMS TO BUY NEW CAR SEATS, NOT A WHOLE NEW CAR, YOU DOOFUSES!"

Really? A whole new car because you can't fit three seats in your sedan? I laughed and laughed and felt really bad for the moms.

ADS

lovinwaves

Wow, what year is the car they have now? Too bad you couldn't have called in. That would have been great!

capeKO71

I love car-talk. It's one of the ones I listen to on my ipod all the time! It's super funny! (and I laugh every time I hear them as "Rusties!" on Cars)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A 98 Volvo over a 2001 van???? Is the laughing inspired by actual laughing gas, I wonder, innocently...?

(I do love them, but wow, they need a little whippin' with the LATCH manual...)

southpawboston

A 98 Volvo over a 2001 van???? Is the laughing inspired by actual laughing gas, I wonder, innocently...?

(I do love them, but wow, they need a little whippin' with the LATCH manual...)

resurrection of an old thread, i know.

actually, they were spot on :thumbsup:. a 1998 volvo v70 can be bought relatively inexpensively (a few grand in good condition) and this was the first year and model of volvo to get really incredible crash ratings, even by 2008 standards, and far better than any van that was available in 2001. this car has side combo head/torso airbags that afford the car a "good" rating in all possible tests by both NHTSA and IIHS. i don't believe any van in 2001 could claim the same. tom and ray knew exactly what they were talking about. this is the car i've been recommending to people on this board who are in search of a cheap safe used car. :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, but there was no need to buy a new car.

It's much easier and cheaper to buy new carseats than a new car. I mean, they'd have to find that particular car, in good condition, vs. spending less to buy 2 or 3 in-stock car seats from online stores or possibly going to a baby specialty store? Not even a debate, to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC