Anything I should have done differently?

rileyismydog

My brother travelled with me this weekend with his 2 boys (11 and 8) Both boys are large - the 11 yr old is about 120-130 lbs and the 8 yr old is 93 lbs. I had taken the harness out of the Nautilus and stored it in the back just in case. (But failed to grab the manual)

Wouldn't you know that immediately upon getting in the car the 8 yr old clips the seatbelt and moves the shoulder portion behind his back. I said, I don't think so. (This begins the secondary drama as his parent feels it ok)

Anyhow, I said my car, my rules and put him in the Nautilus as a LBB. At least the seatbelt was positioned correctly. I hadn't grabbed the manual prior to leaving, do you think I should have tried HBB first. Both my nephew and brother are a bit ticked off with me - but hey, I had to do what I felt was safest since I was driving

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ditto. And it might have caused a lot more drama to try to fit him in the highback rather than backless portion.

rileyismydog

Thank you. My gut told me it was right, I just feel a bit bad about going against the parent when the parent was present. But, my brother did agree that I was driving so my rules applied.

Christie

I say as long as you're driving and it's your car, neither one has any room to argue!

Way to go for being a caring, concerned Aunt!! Maybe you've planted a seed... however small it may seem!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC