Radian + Luggage Cart = Pics

Morganthe

These were taken in the Seoul-Incheon Airport. The radian on its cart was gate checked completely hooked together. Asiana took good care of it. Never had a mark on it when it was returned.
I still had to disassemble this set up every time we went through security, but it worked for us walking everywhere. (sigh)
LATCH connectors to cart left the elastic strap free to hook everything else on. I'd say the total weight was about 100lbs, but it was solid even up/down curbs. Occasionally, there was even an additonal bag strapped to it when I ran out of hands.
Enjoy. (never got picts with dd riding on it back to dh's dorm. It was always too dark.)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ADS

MommyofBoogieBear

wow! that's awesome they let you gate check as is! :)

i was given a baby shower for our most recent addition in June...and they asked me what I wanted. i asked for a luggage cart like this one. Everyone thougth I was crazy, but they got it for me anyway. so i am personally thankful for the pics you posted...to give me ideas when i put it to use!

Morganthe

You're giving me ideas for our upcoming trip to Europe...
You could not PAY me to pull that thing over cobblestones. :p
I hope you're renting a car. :D

wow! that's awesome they let you gate check as is! :)

Now I did take the bags off beforehand. They were carry-ons. So it was just the cart + Radian & gate checked.

I also gate checked it with the cart attached for the puddle jumper flight from DFW to home. It's a small aircraft and they had the shelves all ready to go at the entrance.
I was so tired & hot from making the trek to reach our connection across the airport, and I didn't want to fuss with the darned thing for a 20 minute flight. I know, bad mommy. :eek:

The other three flights we were Stateside, I installed it and the cart either went up into the above storage or under the seat in front of dd.

Funny thing is that at Seattle, I had an over loaded mommy, one kid on her back & her son in one of those Go-Go carts ask me about all the details of my luggage cart. I finally had a chance to look at one of those up close. Honestly, I don't think it would have taken the constant hard work I put that poor luggage cart through. Too fragile and fussy looking. Definitely more expensive :p

One point, it wouldn't fold up correctly.... I had to bend a few bars back into place. Other than that, it was great.

Just a note -- Remember to put the Elastic strap THROUGH handles of whatever is being carried. Otherwise, everything squirms out of place, usually at the most inconvenient moment. :whistle:

niccig

I have the same cart, strap DS's Uptown to it with latch connectors and just to be safe I put a bungee cord through the FF belt path and attach to the cart. DS either rides or walks. I make him ride before we get to the security line because at LAX they let you take strollers etc up the elevator and then to the front of the line - no waiting for an hour to get through security. DH and I joke that DS will be in a car seat/cart combo until he's 8, just for the security line convenience. I'll be doing it by myself in a month - car seat/cart, back pack for me and DS pulls small bag with his things.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC