Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Radian + Luggage Cart = Pics

These were taken in the Seoul-Incheon Airport. The radian on its cart was gate checked completely hooked together. Asiana took good care of it. Never had a mark on it when it was returned.
    I still had to disassemble this set up every time we went through security, but it worked for us walking everywhere. (sigh)
    LATCH connectors to cart left the elastic strap free to hook everything else on. I'd say the total weight was about 100lbs, but it was solid even up/down curbs. Occasionally, there was even an additonal bag strapped to it when I ran out of hands.
    Enjoy. (never got picts with dd riding on it back to dh's dorm. It was always too dark.)

My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian + Luggage Cart = Pics

Very nice!

You're giving me ideas for our upcoming trip to Europe...
    DD 7, 52" 48# Maxi Cosi Rodi XR and Britax Parkway SG
    DS 5¾ 46" 45# Britax Parkway
    DS 3 1/2, 40" 36# SK Radian
    3 across in a '07 VW Rabbit and a '09 Acura MDX

Carseat Crazy MommyofBoogieBear's Avatar

wow! that's awesome they let you gate check as is!

i was given a baby shower for our most recent addition in June...and they asked me what I wanted. i asked for a luggage cart like this one. Everyone thougth I was crazy, but they got it for me anyway. so i am personally thankful for the pics you posted...to give me ideas when i put it to use!
    :

Boogie 4 1/2 / 36 lbs / Radian 65 / Regent
    Bear 2 1/2 / 26 lbs / MA Luau
    Baby girl in June 2008 / Graco Snugride

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    You're giving me ideas for our upcoming trip to Europe...
    You could not PAY me to pull that thing over cobblestones.
    I hope you're renting a car.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyofBoogieBear View Post
    wow! that's awesome they let you gate check as is!
    Now I did take the bags off beforehand. They were carry-ons. So it was just the cart + Radian & gate checked.

I also gate checked it with the cart attached for the puddle jumper flight from DFW to home. It's a small aircraft and they had the shelves all ready to go at the entrance.
    I was so tired & hot from making the trek to reach our connection across the airport, and I didn't want to fuss with the darned thing for a 20 minute flight. I know, bad mommy.

The other three flights we were Stateside, I installed it and the cart either went up into the above storage or under the seat in front of dd.

Funny thing is that at Seattle, I had an over loaded mommy, one kid on her back & her son in one of those Go-Go carts ask me about all the details of my luggage cart. I finally had a chance to look at one of those up close. Honestly, I don't think it would have taken the constant hard work I put that poor luggage cart through. Too fragile and fussy looking. Definitely more expensive

One point, it wouldn't fold up correctly.... I had to bend a few bars back into place. Other than that, it was great.

Just a note -- Remember to put the Elastic strap THROUGH handles of whatever is being carried. Otherwise, everything squirms out of place, usually at the most inconvenient moment.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

Carseat Crazy

I have the same cart, strap DS's Uptown to it with latch connectors and just to be safe I put a bungee cord through the FF belt path and attach to the cart. DS either rides or walks. I make him ride before we get to the security line because at LAX they let you take strollers etc up the elevator and then to the front of the line - no waiting for an hour to get through security. DH and I joke that DS will be in a car seat/cart combo until he's 8, just for the security line convenience. I'll be doing it by myself in a month - car seat/cart, back pack for me and DS pulls small bag with his things.