Damage to foam on Radian

canadianmom2three

A few of you may remember me posting about my DS getting ahold of a little wee lego or playmobil sword and poking a bunch of holes in the foam of his Radian. I have been using the seat, but am now considering selling it. Would you all be comfortable selling/using the seat like this? I had spoken with SK about it, and they were unable to ship out new foam, but suggested the damage was not concerning.

2994706191_b92741f19b.jpg
- deepest and largest hole, reaches the plastic
2995557032_e56926b680.jpg
- more superficial holes/dents

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Depending on where that hole was in relation to my child, I might make a parental decision to continue using the seat. I don't think I'd sell it.

Irishmama

It would depend on how the seat looked in person, but if the company thought it wasn't a concern, if that was the way I could afford a good seat was to buy used in less than pristine condition, then yes I would. Besides, if it's ok to use a seat without EPS foam (like the Scenera), than I would think such minor damage to the foam would not significantly affect the safety of the seat. Just my thoughts :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They can't send out new foam even if you pay for it?

A chunk fell out of our foam (in normal handling, though) and they sent replacement foam to us (free of charge since it was obviously not our fault.) I'd think they might charge but I would think they could send new foam...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't see the damage posing a safety risk, though I'm not an expert on EPS foam. ;)

My only hesitation is that Russ is known for given inconsistent information, so I just don't 100% trust what he says. So even though he's said it's safe and I would think it's safe, there's still a tiny nagging doubt.

As to if I'd sell it, provided you can be assured there's no safety risk, and give full disclosure to the buyer, I don't see why not. It's up to the buyer to decide if they want to buy a seat like that or not.

Pepse

said buyer here

It is going to replace an expired seat that my 3 year old, 26lb nephew is riding ing.

I talked to them this weekend and they said, they are going shopping for a booster for him for Christmas.

UMMM HELLO, he is the same size as my 14 month old.

I told them that I had a couple seats (free of charge ;))coming their way and to hold off on teh booster please

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC