1 Year Old in Nautilus

Blondie87

I had a Nautilus for a couple weeks and for a few days my 15 month old foster son rode in it. I took it back and bought a Boulevard instead.. but I just tried him in it at the store and it's crazy how good he fits it in even though he totally isn't ready for it yet! I know you all know that 1 year old's fit well in it, I just thought I'd share the picture! But I can see why parents buy it for their babies..

Oh- and he is 25 lbs, 31 inches.

In his Boulevard-
jaren-2.jpg

In the Nautilus-
jarennautilus.jpg

ADS

Yeah, that looks pretty good. Could do without the infant body pillow, but it looks good. Combined with the box saying 20 pounds is ok, I can see lots of parents buying it for a 1 yr old.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, that seat fits little ones very well. I love your DS's suit, by the way!

While no one here wants to see a 1-year-old in a Nauti, there are people who are going to FF their children at that age no matter what. I'd rather have them in the Nautilus than in something else that will be outgrown early, leading them to booster a 3-year-old.

Kat_Momof3

I'm actually glad it fits them well simply because most parents are still flipping their babies at 1yr and 20lbs... or when they outgrow their SS1s or Keyfit 30s (and we know how popular those seats have gotten).

I'd rather them go into a seat that they'll fit well than be in a seat they don't because their parents insist on "letting" them face forward.

I've seen enough 1yr olds fit poorly in evenflo chase seats.

Now, what I would like to see is stricter rearfacing laws and more widespread knowledge of the safety of rearfacing longer.

Even so, I could see this fitting a short torso'd child that needs the bottom slots, who is too heavy to rf and needs to pass his convertible down to a sibling, and that's another good reason.

Sure, it would have to be one super leggy 30-35lb 2-3yr old, but they do happen.

fyrfightermomma

I was amazed as well when I put my then 15 month old in it. She was just about 23 lbs. And I was glad she fit well. Because we all know the majority DON'T erf. As much as we'd like them too, right now they don't. So I'm glad there is a seat we know will atleast fit them correctly and well.

I anticipate though in the next few years the ERF movement really picking up speed!

Blondie87

I love the Nautilus.

I have a friend who has her 1 year old in it... :(

It's just crazy cuz he looks so big in it! But he's not. That's why I put the Boulevard picture up, so you could see his actual size.

I wish I needed a Nautilus. I love it. But we only get 1-3 year olds, and even the biggest 3 year old should fit in the Boulevard. Plus- DH won't let me buy anymore carseats :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC