Volvo V50 wagon

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Has anyone installed CSR in a Volvo V50? We have been looking at them as a possibility for my next vehicle. Dh wants me to get something cheaper then my Tahoe since I have a bad habit of wanting a new vehicle every few years.

I just remember trying to install a Cosco combo seat in a Volvo wagon (can't remember what model of Volvo it was). It took 3 techs to get that Cosco seat installed due to the headrests not moving out of the way. They stick over the seatback some. My senior checker had to sit in the CSR and push it back into the seat back while I buckled it in and tightened it up. Then the 3rd tech did top tether.

The girls are in Marathons full time but my oldest also has a Regent & Parkway. Just wondering if anyone has installed these seats in a Volvo V50 or the V70 with luck?

ADS

groovymom2000

I have a v70, and have gotten several seats in it. Not at the same time! LOL

The back seat is narrow--it's about nearly impossible to get 3 across. I have a MA right now--installed with LATCH and a Husky installed with the belt. THe headrests don't move out of the way, but I've never had a problem. THe Husky can be a PITB to install--the belts are *just* long enough, but it can be done. I've also had a few Graco infant seats and a RA in there as well. The MA is a dream--RF or FF. With both kids outboard, there really is no space for anything in the middle, and I have tried several combinations. THe only time I managed to get 3 across was when I had 2 infant seats--one with a base and one without, and the MA in the middle. It was a huge puzzle, but it worked. I think that (ucommma?) also has a V70 and has mentioned that the only thing that worked in the middle for a 3 across was the vest.
More than you wanted to know, perhaps! I do really love my car though---I feel very safe in it.

U

Unregistered

I have a 2005 S40 which I think has the same backseat size as the V50 and we have had a safeseat in the middle and Decathlons in each of the outboard spots when we have a friend's son with us so you definately can fit 3 across.

The Regent is HUGE though so I'm not sure that you can fit it in.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Unregistered said:
I have a 2005 S40 which I think has the same backseat size as the V50 and we have had a safeseat in the middle and Decathlons in each of the outboard spots when we have a friend's son with us so you definately can fit 3 across.

The Regent is HUGE though so I'm not sure that you can fit it in.

As long as I can get the Regent & a MA in the 2nd row I am okay with that. We only have the 2 girls and we do not plan on having anymore in the future. So, Just the 2 car seats is all I care about.

U

Unregistered

jen_nah said:
As long as I can get the Regent & a MA in the 2nd row I am okay with that. We only have the 2 girls and we do not plan on having anymore in the future. So, Just the 2 car seats is all I care about.

I'm sure that you can fit them. Right now I have 2 DCs in there and have plenty of room so you should have room for those two.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC