Wait for new TF?

U

Unregistered

DD is in a SafeSeat 1 and still has a bit of room left. She just turned 1, is just under 19 pounds, and is 29 inches. But she's started fussing when we strap her in so I was looking at upgrading to a convertible.

I am looking at the Marathon and the True Fit, depending on which works better for my car. Are the improvements to the TF enough that you would wait to get it with the anti-rebound bar or switch now? Given that she has some room left I'm leaning towards just letting her fuss every time, but I just want to make sure it'll be worth it.

ADS

MomToEliEm

If you think you can make it a couple months with DD in her safeseat, then it may be worth it to check out the modified true fit. Since there are no real world reviews on it, it is hard to say if it will be a great choice, but since the regular true fit is nice (though not always easy to get to the harness adjuster when rearfacing), I am hoping that the modified true fit is just as nice.

Is it possible to install the SS a little more upright so it isn't reclined a full 45 degrees? Maybe your child would like the seat more if there was less of a recline.

If you can't wait, the marathon is still a pretty good choice. I don't think you could go wrong with either seat.

jess71903

Ambassador
If I had the funds, I would wait on the new TF (it will be more expensive then the old one). We love our TF and I would love the new one with ARB. It fixes the only issue I have with ours, which is getting to the harness adjuster.

mommyof4boys

If you think you can make it a couple months with DD in her safeseat, then it may be worth it to check out the modified true fit. Since there are no real world reviews on it, it is hard to say if it will be a great choice, but since the regular true fit is nice (though not always easy to get to the harness adjuster when rearfacing), I am hoping that the modified true fit is just as nice.

Is it possible to install the SS a little more upright so it isn't reclined a full 45 degrees? Maybe your child would like the seat more if there was less of a recline.

If you can't wait, the marathon is still a pretty good choice. I don't think you could go wrong with either seat.
I am so confused! I am new to this< i just luckily found you guys and I really need some help! I was looking at getting a true fit as well, but now I just read they are coming out with a new better one? When? Maybe you guys can suggest something for me? Our son will be 5 months old Nov. 19 and he is 17# and 27 inches long. He is currently is an eddie bauer infant seat (bryant collection?) We drive a dodge grand caravan 2007. My husband drives more than I do and he is 6'6. We have 3 other boys so we have the captains seat on the passenger side in the back stowed so they can get in and out easily and the baby is behind the drivers seat. If we have to rearrange that is ok too. I am only 5'1. I have no problem spending spending over $200 or more on the right seat. I also looked at the britax roundabout. Please help me decide on the best seat. I would like to go ahead and order it today, we live nowhere close enough to go to a store and actually try it out in person and we are moving at the end of the month from louisiana to montana, so I need to get it soon. ANY help would be great. Thanks so much in advance!:)

MomToEliEm

I am so confused! I am new to this< i just luckily found you guys and I really need some help! I was looking at getting a true fit as well, but now I just read they are coming out with a new better one? When? Maybe you guys can suggest something for me? Our son will be 5 months old Nov. 19 and he is 17# and 27 inches long. He is currently is an eddie bauer infant seat (bryant collection?) We drive a dodge grand caravan 2007. My husband drives more than I do and he is 6'6. We have 3 other boys so we have the captains seat on the passenger side in the back stowed so they can get in and out easily and the baby is behind the drivers seat. If we have to rearrange that is ok too. I am only 5'1. I have no problem spending spending over $200 or more on the right seat. I also looked at the britax roundabout. Please help me decide on the best seat. I would like to go ahead and order it today, we live nowhere close enough to go to a store and actually try it out in person and we are moving at the end of the month from louisiana to montana, so I need to get it soon. ANY help would be great. Thanks so much in advance!:)

Here is a post showing the new True Fit design with the anti-rebound bar. It is expected in January 2009.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=60147

Do any of your other 3 boys have carseats? If so, which ones? There may be an option to pass down one of the other seats to the youngest (as long as it is a rearfacing seat) and get a better seat for the older child.

Do you think your son will be on the tall side (inherited for Daddy) or shorter side (inherited from you)? I would probably only recommend the Britax Roundabout if you think your child will be shorter since it may not allow your child to rearface to at least age 2 (they are so much safer rearfacing for as long as possible). The True Fit (even the current design) will fit your child for a longer time then the Roundabout due to the taller shell for rearfacing and taller harness height for forward facing.

mommyof4boys

Here is a post showing the new True Fit design with the anti-rebound bar. It is expected in January 2009.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=60147

Do any of your other 3 boys have carseats? If so, which ones? There may be an option to pass down one of the other seats to the youngest (as long as it is a rearfacing seat) and get a better seat for the older child.

Do you think your son will be on the tall side (inherited for Daddy) or shorter side (inherited from you)? I would probably only recommend the Britax Roundabout if you think your child will be shorter since it may not allow your child to rearface to at least age 2 (they are so much safer rearfacing for as long as possible). The True Fit (even the current design) will fit your child for a longer time then the Roundabout due to the taller shell for rearfacing and taller harness height for forward facing.
Hi...NOne of my other boys are in carseat, so none to hand down. I FINALLY decided on the Britax CS in the Cowmooflauge today and I CANNOT wait for it to arrive next week! I am soo excited! Any advice on where I shoudl place it in our 2007 Dodge Grand caravan would be great appreciated. I would like to lace him in the safest place and can rearrange the children any way needed. Thanks in advance!

BW1426

Hi...NOne of my other boys are in carseat, so none to hand down. I FINALLY decided on the Britax CS in the Cowmooflauge today and I CANNOT wait for it to arrive next week! I am soo excited! Any advice on where I shoudl place it in our 2007 Dodge Grand caravan would be great appreciated. I would like to lace him in the safest place and can rearrange the children any way needed. Thanks in advance!

How old are your other boys?

And, I think I would get the True Fit. The True Fit will last the longest rearfacing and then is a nicer forward facing seat, in my opinion, than the Marathon. I wouldn't bother with the Roundabout.

mommyof4boys

How old are your other boys?

And, I think I would get the True Fit. The True Fit will last the longest rearfacing and then is a nicer forward facing seat, in my opinion, than the Marathon. I wouldn't bother with the Roundabout.
My other boys are 7, (will be 8 december 13) and he weighs 65#, 11, (will be 12 may 09) weighs 85# 12 (will be 13 april 09) weighs 104# I went with the britax blvd cs and really cant wait to get it, but am not really sure where I should place it in th evan...any suggestions?

BW1426

My other boys are 7, (will be 8 december 13) and he weighs 65#, 11, (will be 12 may 09) weighs 85# 12 (will be 13 april 09) weighs 104# I went with the britax blvd cs and really cant wait to get it, but am not really sure where I should place it in th evan...any suggestions?

I hope you don't have high hopes for the clicking aspect of the CS. They so did not work out the bugs on that one :thumbsdown: I'd put it wherever you can get the best RFing tether point.

Do your 3 older boys all pass the 5 step test?

mommyof4boys

I hope you don't have high hopes for the clicking aspect of the CS. They so did not work out the bugs on that one :thumbsdown: I'd put it wherever you can get the best RFing tether point.

Do your 3 older boys all pass the 5 step test?
I honestly have no idea what the 5 step test is?

Maedze

I would be really really surprised if I ever met a 65 pound 7 year old who could ride safely without a booster.

I'm not even sure that's physically possible :twocents: Maybe a child with a really long torso....or maybe it's just the boy fits really well in the third row?

fyrfightermomma

maybe she meant they aren't in "carseats" as in harnessed seats. She may have thought that's what we meant by carseats, instead of seats and boosters.

Just a thought

mommyof4boys

maybe she meant they aren't in "carseats" as in harnessed seats. She may have thought that's what we meant by carseats, instead of seats and boosters.

Just a thought

Actually Trystan is very tall (Dad is 6'6,lol) and he does fit very well. Thank you all for the advise though, I really appreciate it. Just another quick question... Has anyone else had a problem with the Btitax Blvd CS? I purchased the returen shipping if I do decide it is not the right seat...? I want him to be safe...

BW1426

Actually Trystan is very tall (Dad is 6'6,lol) and he does fit very well. Thank you all for the advise though, I really appreciate it. Just another quick question... Has anyone else had a problem with the Btitax Blvd CS? I purchased the returen shipping if I do decide it is not the right seat...? I want him to be safe...

The clicking issue is not so much a problem as a bummer. Don't depend on the sound of the clicks to make sure the harness is tight and you'll be fine. The issue is that it tends to click way before it's tight enough or it doesn't click at all :rolleyes:

mommyof4boys

The clicking issue is not so much a problem as a bummer. Don't depend on the sound of the clicks to make sure the harness is tight and you'll be fine. The issue is that it tends to click way before it's tight enough or it doesn't click at all :rolleyes:
Ohhh... Ok. Well...If you could pick ANY Convertible Car Seat, that YOU would say is the Safest, etc... which one would it be? I do not care about cost, just safetly as well as comfort for my child. Thank you so much! I am really lost on all this I suppose. I thought I was picking a good carseat...:(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC