Truefit vs nauti top slot compare?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Okay..I KNOW this information is here somewhere....but search hates me, and most of teh words i search for get edited out and i can NEVER find what i want.
Can someone please tell me, or point me to the thread where the top slot of the TF vs. the GN is discussed. If possible, I would like not only the straight measurements, but actual children in actual installed seats, in terms of how much mroe growth you get in one over the other......please help me! You would be enabling me to buy a new carseat, and don't we all want that?:love:

ADS

NannyMom

I don't know about the thread, or exact measurements. But I can give you a child example.

J is 5.5 years, 16 inch torso, 46 pounds, 46ish inches. He normally rides in the Nautilus, and he is right at the 2nd to top slots (he uses those slots, but I keep checking to see if he's grown any). I installed the TF in the same vehicle, same seat (well, driver's side of van instead of passenger's side). He was in the top slots of the TF, with 1/2 to 1 inch to grow.

A is 8 years, 18 inch torso, 51 pounds, 51 inches. She normally rides in a Vivo. She still fits in her brother's Nautilus. SHe's in the top slots, with maybe an inch to 1.5 inches to grow. She is over the top slots of the TF.

However, As I type this, I realize something. RIght now A is using J's Nautilus in my rental car. SHe only has about 1/2 to 1 inch to grow. So....installation in a van (captain's chair) vs car might make a difference.

abckidsmom

I don't know any threads, no help, I know. IMO the True Fit is 1/2 way between a MA and a GN. :)

But wider and more comfy than a GN according to my 4 yo. She loves her brother's TF. She's outgrown the TF, but just barely, is way over the top slots of the MA, and is on the second-to-the top in her GN, again, almost ready to move to the top slots on the GN.

But she's tall and thick for her age (almost 50 lbs), and really prefers the comfort of the TF. Wish it was a little taller.

Kat_Momof3

I know there is a thread somewhere (can't remember where, but I'll go find it and edit it in) comparing the Truefit to the Radian.

and I have pics of the Radian vs. the Nautilus... but I'm going to take some better ones next week... I want them for me!

RNautiOct4.jpg

RuthieRadian908.jpg

she is using the 2nd to the top slots (would have to use the top slots if the seat were reclined... it's fully upright) in the Nautilus.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Comparison pics of Frontier, Radian, True Fit, EFTA, & Marathon are here... I'll add the Nautilus once it hits store shelves (in Canada). :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC