Vent What's with the weight ON the WalMart Nautilus?

tjham

I almost bought one at WalMart but they were cheaper at BRU (THAT'S unusual!).
At the time, I didn't notice the BIG weight numbers rubberized and embossed on the seat and harness strap on the WalMart seat.
I just looked at one there today and they stick out like a sore thumb!
You can turn the strap cover around but the "100 lb Booster" on the bottom front of it looks awful.
Yes, I guess it will help make sure people KNOW what its weigh limits are.
I think I would actually get one somewhere else to avoid having it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...isVariant=false&corpCard=false&type=undefined

And it looks like the one at Amazon.com has them too!

ADS

Gena

Personally, I love having the weight limits easily visable on the Nautilus. When my in-laws try to tell me that my 40lb 4 year old is "too big for a carseat" and should be in a booster, I point to the strap cover and say, "Nope. It says right here to harness to 65 lbs!" That ends a lot of arguments for me.

I buy car seats for safety and I don't care much about what it looks like. Luckily my son doesn't care either. But I understand that some parents and children do care what the seats look like and I respect that. It's matter of personal choice.

Melizerd

I can't stand the labels on the harness but I think they are a good idea for most people. I would go out of my way to buy a seat without those.

emars002

I can't stand the labels on the harness but I think they are a good idea for most people. I would go out of my way to buy a seat without those.

I can't stand them and bought one from BRU just because it did not have them on it but I think they are a great idea for others who are not as educated on the weight limits.

Chameleon

LOL I think it's tacky also, and I also just went out to BRU and bought the one without the labels.

I do agree however for the general masses it's GREAT and it will keep tons of kids in harnesses for a lot longer than they otherwise would have been just by that little number being on there.

all together ooky

For all the misuse I see, I think having bold labels like that is a good thing. I think it also reminds people that it is indeed a safety device and not just someplace to put their kid.

amy919

I don't like them either, which is why I covered the 100 pound one with a patch :whistle:. I can deal with the one on the strap cover.

Maedze

I think they are ugly, but I am really glad they put them there for the 'average wal-mart shopper', who is probably extremely uneducated about car seats.

scatterbunny

For all the misuse I see, I think having bold labels like that is a good thing. I think it also reminds people that it is indeed a safety device and not just someplace to put their kid.

I think they are ugly, but I am really glad they put them there for the 'average wal-mart shopper', who is probably extremely uneducated about car seats.

I agree. I, myself, prefer having PRETTY seats in my car. :p However, for parents who won't read the manual, or for grandparents/friends/carpool moms, having that stuff so "in your face" is GREAT. :thumbsup:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Overall, I think it's great. It eliminates the confusion we see all the time with the AOE, in which people think the harness goes to 80 or 100 lbs. :rolleyes:

I have one of the WalMart Nautis, and frankly, I don't even notice the numbers anymore. I think I stopped noticing them after the first week.

daycaremom2002

:yeahthat:

My daycare parent actually just pulled them off and put them on the opposite strap. That way they still fit right, but they weren't visible. I think they are a great reminder for some people though.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Personally, I love having the weight limits easily visable on the Nautilus. When my in-laws try to tell me that my 40lb 4 year old is "too big for a carseat" and should be in a booster, I point to the strap cover and say, "Nope. It says right here to harness to 65 lbs!" That ends a lot of arguments for me.

Yeah that. :thumbsup: When I went back to work last December I bought my parents a Radian but my mom hated it so I sold it and got the Nautilus instead from Walmart. I like that it states the weight limits right on the seat and I know that she will be in the harness til she outgrows it.

Kat_Momof3

since this was the first one released... and it was such a new seat, I was glad to have them.

Do you have any idea how many stares I got when people saw that seat and how big Ruthie was using it?

Let alone once they could see it wasn't a cosco alpha omega or spotted the giant cupholder?

If they got up the bravery to come ask me about it, they would say... oh, cool seat, see the limits, and go... oh, I see it goes past 40lbs... where did you get it? How much was it??

They were just excited at such a cool looking combo seat.

with the colder weather and the shoulder pads making it harder to get a snug fit with her waterproof thin jacket on (even though we don't have it zipped under the straps, because it still contacts them), I did remove them, but fortunately, it seems the stares and questions stopped over a month ago.

The seat seems to have hit the masses in terms of awareness.

I know it's not attractive, but for so many who don't bother with the manuals (and we know how many there are), it's a good way to remember when the child passes the weight limit.

fyrfightermomma

I honestly don't notice them anymore and haven't for months. It's nice for all those nosy relatives who ask "aren't they too big for a carseat??"

I guess it just doesn't bug me much. However...it isn't in my car so maybe that's why :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC