need link to shoulder strap height

U

Unregistered

Hello,
When I was purchasing a new car seat for DS a year ago in Sept, on here I found a link to shoulder strap harness height. I would like to find that again since I need to find another seat for DD in my MIL's car.
Every seat I sit my DD in at the store (without going to a Babies R Us, which is a hike for us) only gives her about an inch or should for shoulder harness height. DS is in a REgent, but that would be TOO big for her.
Thanks so much!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think (Carseat Data website closed - link broken) has it, but as a general rule the convertible seats with 50 or 65 pound limits have 17 inch top slots, the ones with 40 pound limits have about 15 inch top slots, and the Graco Nautilus or Britax Frontier have about 18 inch top slots. What seats are you considering and how old/heavy is your child? We can probably give you a better idea of fit and usage than even a list of heights would give you :)

U

Unregistered

DD weighs 22 lbs, is 21 months old and I still need to get her exact torso height. DD has a marathon for my car (lots of room left!), but she is not in MIL car much, so trying to figure if there is a relatively comparably seat for less $$. If not, I will go with another Marathon, but trying to possibly save some $$. Trust me, I know any amount of $$ is worth it for my kids, but perhaps people on here know of other seats that might be of interest.
Thanks so much for any help!

scatterbunny

For a rarely-used seat, I'd look at the Cosco Scenera or Safety 1st Uptown or Safety 1st Avenue. All harness to only 40#, Scenera has 15 inch top slots, Uptown and Avenue have 16.75 inch top slots (very tall for a 40# limit seat). All three have 35# rear-facing weight limits, Avenue and Uptown have taller seat shells (comparable to the Marathon), so those will last longer heightwise for a taller/long-torsoed RF child than the Scenera.

If you want to stick with a higher weight limit harnessed convertible like the Marathon, but keep to a budget since the carseat won't be used often, look at the Evenflo Triumph Advance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC