Does this look ok?

veggiegirl228

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4-2.jpg

FF install was much harder than I could imagine! Sorry they are so big, I resized them but you know how PB can be!

ADS

Maedze

How is the 'back and forth' motion? I can see the base is pretty far forward of the seat bight. Can you slide it front to back/back to front more than an inch?

mommy-medic

If it doesn't move more than 1" at the belt path then it is in snug enough. I wonder if it could go closer to the seat bight though? I know for RFing install you can move the seat away from the seat bight (where the seat part and the back part of the vehicle seats come together) for a more upright install, but not sure you want to do it FFing. Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong. That is the only thing I see to suggest.

SPJ&E

That's what I was going to ask as well. The base is pretty far from the seatback...but I guess it could be because of the EFTA's curved back that it looks so far out compared to other seats.

veggiegirl228

Thanks for the input!

I have it on the 2nd recline should I try 3 and see if I can get it into the bight better? And it moves no more than an 1". Do you think install other than the ctr could help?
ETA: More pictures

5-6-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

Last edited:

SPJ&E

That looks much better to me (except I'd pull the other latchplate out from under the base).

EDIT: I just looked again and wanted to be sure...is at least 80% of the base on the seat? It looks like it's off the seat a bit, especially toward the back. You've got to have at least 80% of the base on the vehicle seat, even if that means pulling it away from the bite some. The curved back can make it a little tricky when installing FF in some vehicles. My seats are sloped a bit and I have to be careful about how I sit the seats. I just get the base as flat as possible on the seat bottom and then put my knee/weight in it, making sure I'm pushing the seat down and not back, while tightening the seatbelt.

To get that little bit of slack out, try rocking the seat side-to-side a bit, while kneeling in it and pulling the belt tight. If the lapbelt is long enough (or if you can get to it by lifting the seat cover), try pulling it back through the beltpath and pulling at that angle...that really helps me with seatbelt installs.

Last edited:

Maedze

That looks better.

Up to 1" is allowable, but not preferable, kwim? Meaning if you can get less movement, that's what you should do. If you still have movement I would put it fully upright and install again.

veggiegirl228

Does anybody have a picture of an EFTA in 94-97 accord ctr (or even outboard) so I'll know it can work? I'm going to try again to see if I can get the seat on there better and make sure that 80% is covered.

It does look like 80% of base is on seat but a picture would really help me know, Thanks!

Last edited:

Jenifer

My technique with this bad boy is: pull the cover back so you can pull the belt straight up. That is, pull the webbing up from the latch plate, through the first belt path slot, up towards the vehicle ceiling. Do this with both of your knees in the seat (you would be facing out the back window). :)

scatterbunny

My technique with this bad boy is: pull the cover back so you can pull the belt straight up. That is, pull the webbing up from the latch plate, through the first belt path slot, up towards the vehicle ceiling. Do this with both of your knees in the seat (you would be facing out the back window). :)

This is a great tip that works with lots of different seats. :thumbsup: It can also help when installing a RF seat to stand behind it and push down and back on the top of the seat shell with your upper body or one hand while you pull on the belt to tighten using the above method.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
This is a great tip that works with lots of different seats. :thumbsup: It can also help when installing a RF seat to stand behind it and push down and back on the top of the seat shell with your upper body or one hand while you pull on the belt to tighten using the above method.

I did this trick the other day with a RA on a Honda CR-V the poor pg mom looked at me and said "And you expect me to do that in my condition!". I about laughed and told her No but I made her do everything else while I did the weight baring part for her. She was very happy to hear at 7mths pg she didn't have to lean over the back of the seat like I did.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Another easy trick with lapbelts is to unbuckle the belt, tighten about 1" of slack out, then rebuckle it. (Repeat as needed until there's less than 1" of movement.)

I can see the buckle stalks are a little long, so if you're having difficulty with too much movement, another option would be to twist the buckle stalk up to 3 complete turns.

Putting it in to the most upright position will likely make quite a bit of difference too. I would expect at your dd's age that she'll do just fine with it in the most upright position. Position 2 tends to be a very gradual recline setting so I don't have a problem with using it, but in general I prefer to install ff'ing seats in the completely upright position unless there's a special need involved. Seats generally just install better that way.

Kat_Momof3

your vehicle seats have a really good slant and natural recline, so I agree... put the EFTA in fully upright and install it that way.

if the seats sat bolt upright, reclining it and having it further from the bight at the base might be needed for comfy sleeping, but not in this case.

Remember, we do pull the Britax out away from the bight ff sometimes to increase recline.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC