Tell me it will be alright....

veggiegirl228

DD is at least 33lbs (last time she weighed 32.3 and she feels heavier now) and the last couple of days I've been thinking of turning her FF since it's so close and I don't want to threat over the last 1.5# you know, and with her weight gain it might be 2mo or 6 mo

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think either option is ok at this point, and you'll need to decide your own comfort level. I'd want a reliable weight from an accurate scale though first before making a decision. If she has a full 2lbs, she's unlikely to gain that overnight. If she only has 1lb, I'd likely turn her ff'ing now.

If you have bad roads in the winter, and she's 33lbs, I'd be inclined to eek out that extra 1lb to keep her rf'ing through as much of the winter as possible. If she's at 34lbs now, then I don't think there's much choice... The seat won't magically fail at 35lbs - especially if it's installed more upright. But I'm not a fan of repeated & regular weighing, I'd rather just turn ff'ing and not quibble over 1lb if she's already 34lbs.

She is pretty close to maxing the limit on her seat and she will be safe ff'ing now, it's just winter that would make me want to eek out a little longer if possible. :eek:

veggiegirl228

Weather wise, we live in So. Cal, no on snow or severe weather conditions. I'll know for sure what weight is this weekend. I don't use our scale as I know it's wrong and my postal scale only goes to 30 and it gives me "EE" error on it with her nakey. I could also go and have her weighed at Dr office when I get my flu shot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC