Anyone know if the Radian...

ADS

BW1426

The Radian 65 comes in Tan and Gray.

The Radian 80 comes in a plush tan, plush gray, mesh gray, and pink girly print.

I doubt the 65 will come out with different colors.

The new radian xt comes in some brighter colors, but it's also more expensive than the 65 or 80.

estelle0702

Thanks for the replies! I love the red although I didn't want to pay that much.

It's kind of annoying almost every car seat company has cute girly designs yet no cute boy designs except Britax.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks for the replies! I love the red although I didn't want to pay that much.

It's kind of annoying almost every car seat company has cute girly designs yet no cute boy designs except Britax.

Well, there are some pretty cute Sceneras out now. And there are Avenue designs that aren't bad. But I know what you mean. ;)

estelle0702

Well, there are some pretty cute Sceneras out now. And there are Avenue designs that aren't bad. But I know what you mean. ;)

Thanks! I never knew about the Avenue. I like it. It would be great for a spare for my mom's car. To me it looks worth more than it costs.

Do you know the drawbacks?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Only drawbacks I know of are that it can be tough to get a good angle RF without a pool noodle and the pool noodles don't work as well as they did on the old Uptown because of base redesign, and it only harnesses to 40 lbs. However, that 40 lbs. comes with really high top slots and will probably last until 40 lbs.! It also rear-faces to 35 and because it's tall will get most kids there. I have an Uptown and really like it, with the single caveat of needing a pool noodle (or more than 1 if I wanted a full 45 degree angle.)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, and the Uptown had an 8 year expiration date but I don't know whether or not that applies to the Avenue.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC