Question Peg Perego Pliko P3 or Aria? (And where to find the best price....)

UmRafiq

So after days of looking around and going insane trying to find a stroller (Ive never had one) for my 2 year old I decided to get either the Pliko or Aria (are there a few versions?). (Which one would you recommend?) I like that the pliko has the back footboard, Im not sure if the Aria does... And does anyone know where to get the best deal on them? I found the pliko at Albee baby for 179 is that the best Ill get? Thanks!:D

ADS

MissAllyLou

I have the P3 and love it, but I've used the Aria many times. To me, the Aria feels much flimsier, less sturdy, the P3. Albeebaby.com has had the lowest prices on the P3 that I have found.

erinnicolevan

Definitely a P3! I've had several of them and loved them all. I've never used a single Aria, but I really despise my Aria Twin, so I would never use/buy one based on my dislike of the twin version. Which fabric are you going to get? :)

clmchrissy

Another vote for the P3! I love it!! It works well on grass, gravel, bumpy pavement. I was really surprised how easy it was to push my two kids (one on back stand) through the fair which had the grass, gravel, etc...

rodentranger

I have both, and find myself using the Aria more often. Yes, it does feel flimsier, but the basket is more accessible and I prefer the single handle over the two handles.
My P3 is a 2006, the Aria is a 2005. My Aria's sunshade is a joke, so if we're going to be outside I take the P3 and the Skip Hop dipe bag. Newer Aria's have better shades, but my SIL's keeps losing pieces.
The rider board on the P3 is only usable if the child in the seat is sitting up and you have the sunshade off, IMO. I plan on selling my Aria and keeping my P3 for when both kids are a bit older.
HTH!

UmRafiq

Gosh I didnt subscribe to this so I thought no one replied!
Definitely a P3! I've had several of them and loved them all. I've never used a single Aria, but I really despise my Aria Twin, so I would never use/buy one based on my dislike of the twin version. Which fabric are you going to get? :)
I was going to get the 2007 Toffee. :)

I have both, and find myself using the Aria more often. Yes, it does feel flimsier, but the basket is more accessible and I prefer the single handle over the two handles.
My P3 is a 2006, the Aria is a 2005. My Aria's sunshade is a joke, so if we're going to be outside I take the P3 and the Skip Hop dipe bag. Newer Aria's have better shades, but my SIL's keeps losing pieces.
The rider board on the P3 is only usable if the child in the seat is sitting up and you have the sunshade off, IMO. I plan on selling my Aria and keeping my P3 for when both kids are a bit older.
HTH!
To use the foot board does the sunshade have to be completely off or just up a little? Im leaning towards the P3 still bc of the footboard but its either 90$ or 180! I also thought the Aria looked more flimsy just from the pictures. I do like the one handle more than two also.

Also, my son loves to walk so Id really pretty much only use it for the mall sometimes so I feel like its silly to spend so much when Im not sure Ill use it that much.
AHHHH I still cant decide!! Is it hard to sell strollers? I wouldnt want to ship it but Im wondering if Id get the $ back like on craigslist if I didnt like the one I got....:cool:

UmRafiq

You know I just realized (I think?) that it cant be switched to rear facing (me) like in some Gracos for example and I really think Id hate not seeing him for so long and being able to talk to him. I think hed get bored that way too and want to come out. I think Ill start a new thread to see which strollers can be turned outward and facing the parent.

lil96

The p3 cannot normally be switched to rfing. The pramette can be (til they can sit up)or the switch can be(the entire seat). The P3 has the canopy that can be rfing or ffing. The p3 can be used rfing with the primo viagio or with the navetta or the soft navetta. There has to be something under the kids neck/back if you want it to rf. otherwise the head is lower than the legs and feet.

As for which is better p3 or aria, I like to think of it like this. Peg's are like BMW's. Aria's are the 3 series and P3's are the 5 series. If you want the name and just a small stroller go for the Aria (the wheels are tiny compared to the p3). The Aria has just the strap to lower the back rest (which I do not like, but maybe you do?) If you want a smoother sturdier ride and bigger wheels, go for the p3, which also comes with better options. But the price of the Aria is very tempting...
But if you get a year older P3, there isn't that much difference price in that and a new Aria.

One more thing I think the pliko Lite was only made in 2006 and 2007, the same thing for the pramette.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC