TF harness slots

NannyMom

I just called Learning Curve because I had a question about my diaper pail. I asked some Qs about the TF too. The woman I spke with said Harness slot 1 could be used for RF, and 2, 3, 4 for FF. :rolleyes: I know the seats say 1 and 2 for RF, and I've heard on here that 3 is ok for RF. She seemed to be as knowledgable as Graco CS. My question is, does the manual actually sau 3 is ok for RF? Do the stickers on any of the seats say 3 is ok, because all I've seen say 1 & 2 RF.

What's the deal with the crotch buckle positions? THe one she had to look at had 3 positions (the outter for kids over 50LBS only), but I know some only have 2.

She also told me the TF Primier will be out March 2009.

ADS

MOM25BOYS

I want to think I heard also that a CS rep told someone here that 3 can also be used for RF, but in my manual on pg.36, section 7 states that positions 1 and 2 are for RF, positions 2,3 and 4 are for FF. Mine is the 2 position crotch buckle. Gone to see if I can find the other thread about this....

mommycat

Here's something to consider, and no, I don't know the manufacturing dates on these seats, since I googled to get the images. But it appears that at some point, different seats allowed different positions, or it is different in Canada vs. US. My Canadian seat has the overlapping sticker (i.e. position 3 is also allowed for RF).

MOM25BOYS

What's the deal with the crotch buckle positions? THe one she had to look at had 3 positions (the outter for kids over 50LBS only), but I know some only have 2.

As for the crotch positions. My manual for the 2 position doesn't state that the outer position is for kids over 50lbs ONLY. It just says that if a child weighs more than 50lbs to use the outer position. My 4yr, 41lb DS is on the outer position.;) It may be different with the 3 position seat manuals.:shrug-shoulders:

featherhead

the Learning Curve website says has some FAQ that says 1,2,3 for rear-facing and 3,4 for forward-facing.

NannyMom

As for the crotch positions. My manual for the 2 position doesn't state that the outer position is for kids over 50lbs ONLY. It just says that if a child weighs more than 50lbs to use the outer position. My 4yr, 41lb DS is on the outer position.;) It may be different with the 3 position seat manuals.:shrug-shoulders:

Elizabeth,
I see you have a 2 year old and 4 year old in the TF. What slots are they on? Is your 4 year old RF or FF?

If Sofi stays on her weight curve, she can RF until she's 5.

NannyMom

I suppose the woman I spoke with didn't understand what she was reading. Since she told me only 1 could be used RF :rolleyes:

I'd just hate to use slot 3 RF w/o seeing it in writing I (even if it's just a letter from the comapny). Maybe the new seats will have 1-3 listed for RF

MOM25BOYS

Elizabeth,
I see you have a 2 year old and 4 year old in the TF. What slots are they on? Is your 4 year old RF or FF?

If Sofi stays on her weight curve, she can RF until she's 5.

Nannymom, my 4yr old is 41lbs so he is FF on the top slots. My 2yr old is 29lbs RF and is between the 2nd and 3rd slots. If he sits up tall enough he almost even with the 3rd slots.

ETA: Here are the threads I posted of the boys harness height with their stats in their TF's.:) HTH

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=60650

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59947

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think she must have misunderstood your question to be asking about what could be used ff'ing, so answered that #1 was rf'ing only, but 2, 3, and 4 are ff'ing. My understanding about the labelling of the harness heights was they were moreso trying to get across that you can't use the bottom slots ff'ing, and they just didn't think kids would be rf'ing using position #3. Once they realized some kids would use that position, then they allowed it. So for rf'ing, #1, #2, and #3 are ok.

All Canadian seats have come right from the start with position 3 allowed for rf'ing. Given that The First Years also has on their website that position 3 is allowed rf'ing, I'd be perfectly fine with using a US seat rf'ing in position 3. :)

NannyMom

Thanks everyone. I did specifically ask her, "so 2 can't be used for RF?" and I specifically asked if the new seats coming out would allow use of 2 and 3 for RF. Maybe she was just all confused. Or, maybe she doesn't know about ERF (and when I mentioned my 2 year old was RF she though she was under 20LBS)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC