Question shoulder harness covers on Nautilus...

micapu

:thumbsdown: WHY would they make them with velcro?!?!? DS2 falls asleep in his seat all the time, so these things help a bit. But the child has a problem with velcro stuff, and I just know he's going to rip them off every chance he gets. Is it bad that I want to use the ones from the seat he just outgrew, which are threaded onto the harness? :duck:

And for those of you that have seen the specs for the Nauti Elite... please tell me one of the improvements is no velcro on the shoulder pads!!!

(we did a trial install of the seat in the car to see if it'd work, but DS2 fell asleep after we got home with the seat still in the box, so he hasn't actually sat in it in the car yet)

ADS

BW1426

I guess I don't understand how the harness covers help when he falls asleep.

E ripped hers off right away because she didn't want them on there. We haven't had any problems.

mommy2env

I like velcro, because if they get icky you can take them off to wash without messing with the harness.

Why not take a needle and thread to them? I seriously doubt that it would be dangerous to do so. I mean, the harness pads came with the seat. If it were me and it actually bothered me, I would sew them shut. :whistle:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I like velcro, because if they get icky you can take them off to wash without messing with the harness.

Why not take a needle and thread to them? I seriously doubt that it would be dangerous to do so. I mean, the harness pads came with the seat. If it were me and it actually bothered me, I would sew them shut. :whistle:

Some people prefer the velcro harness pads (me), others prefer the sewn-on ones. :shrug-shoulders:

I agree that there shouldnt be any problem with sewing the very edge of the harness pads closed. I would just make sure that you do it close to the edge - make sure that the pads can still move freely on the straps.

micapu

I guess I don't understand how the harness covers help when he falls asleep.
they help the harness straps not dig in to his neck... I wouldn't mind them being a bit thicker so they'd help keep his head from floppy-fying when he's zonked, but I guess that's too much to ask, LOL.

One of the things that I hate about the velcro'd pads, and maybe this just happens to me?, is that the velcro sometimes will stick to the harness belt and "chew it up". That happened to our Snugride. In an infant seat that we used less than a year it was just a cosmetic thing, but I can't imagine that after 2-3 years of that it wouldn't affect the structural integrity of the harness belts, KWIM? Again, maybe it's just our bad luck or we're just clumsy but as I was getting the seat all set up for DS, I had to move the pads over the straps a few times and felt them stick to the straps every. time. And that's the other thing, I understand that there are varying preferences for velcro/no velcro but there *is* a type of no-snag velcro available they could've used which wouldn't cause this problem so I'm bummed that Graco used the velcro cheapest option instead.

And I guess what's being left unsaid in everyone's responses is to NOT use the slip-on shoulder pads from the seat we just outgrew? *sigh*

What kind of shoulder pads does the Frontier have, slip-on or velcro? :whistle:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
DD Hated them and took hers off, so we don't use them, but i second the idea that sewing them shut(after making sure the velcro is not exposed so it won't snag.) is a good idea. also..it would obviously be a parental decision to use harness pads from a different seat, and frankly, other than the generic "you aren't supposed to" line, I can't think of any idea why it would actually be unsafe.....the only thing i can think of is that many might not FIT, since the nauti straps are wider than many convertibles in my experience......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC