Land's End fleece bunting sizing

Hollyob

So I am going to get the Land's End bunting for my 16-month-old (don't feel like messing with dressing/undressing/redressing or trust others to do the coat trick), and I wondered if anyone knows if their stuff tends to run big or small or neither. DS is 24.5 lbs, so the 18-month size *should* fit (goes up to 26 lbs), but I know the weight- and height-based sizing is often off (Children's PLace always runs big for us). Anyone have experience with Land's End sizing? We have a ped appointment tomorrow, so I'll see how long he is and factor that into the size too. Would it be a bad thing safety-wise if I got him one that is just a little too big? I only want to buy one, and it will have to last from Nov through March. TIA!

ADS

mykidsmylife

Well Seth is 25m, 22.5lbs and 33" and has the 18m. He wears an 18m pants and 18-24m top.
I just tried his on and it fits him perfectly!!

You do know you can get them on EbAy for SUPER cheap. I got his last year brand new with tags for $9 shipped.

Oh and Seth used this one last year. He was only n a 6-12m last winter. I just rolled up the sleeves and legs and it took the slack factor out of it so it wasnt piling up on his shoulders or anything.

He also had a 0-6m one he used when he was wearing NB clothes (2-3m). I did the smae thing and it was fine.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Their size charts are extremely accurate. Measure your child and you'll be good to go as far as sizing.:thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Their size charts are extremely accurate. Measure your child and you'll be good to go as far as sizing.:thumbsup:

WAH!!!!!
what about when you have kids that don't fit into their preconceived notions of what children should be shaped like?

Should i base it off weight of length?
I ask because ds is short and fat. His length is 25 inches, which is teh very bottom end of the 3-6 month sizing. And yet he is nearly 20 pounds, which is either the very top end of teh 6-12 month sizing, or the beginning of the 12 month size.

so...?????

GirlFriday

I just got a 6-12 month in the mail (like 5 minutes before I read your post :D) for my 19lbs 27 1/2 inch son who is 2 days older than yours. It looks really long to me, at least the arms and legs. I imagine it's going to be a bit big on him at the beginning of the winter but should fit all the way through our rotten new england winters so until he's 16 months. At least I hope it will. Hope that helps, baby sizing is SO weird.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
WAH!!!!!
what about when you have kids that don't fit into their preconceived notions of what children should be shaped like?

Should i base it off weight of length?
I ask because ds is short and fat. His length is 25 inches, which is teh very bottom end of the 3-6 month sizing. And yet he is nearly 20 pounds, which is either the very top end of teh 6-12 month sizing, or the beginning of the 12 month size.

so...?????

Do they even give a weight?

When I buy Land's End things for my kids it's always just been in inches (and centimeters), not weight. If you go to their sizing guidelines they say to take all the measurements (you'd want to measure for both tops and pants) and if they fit in different sizes, to choose the one that has the most measurements the closest. So basically, you choose whether length is more important than chest measurement, and figure it out from that. If you need assistance they have excellent customer service, who are trained to help with sizing questions.

Okay, just looked at the sizing. That's odd, I've never seen a weight on them before. I'd go by the measurements for sure, and you might want to check their charts for both tops and pants as well and take an average of what you think he'll fit in.

The good news is, if it doesn't fit, you send it back and they'll exchange it, no questions asked. ("Guaranteed. Period." :thumbsup: )

mykidsmylife

I just got a 6-12 month in the mail (like 5 minutes before I read your post :D) for my 19lbs 27 1/2 inch son who is 2 days older than yours. It looks really long to me, at least the arms and legs. I imagine it's going to be a bit big on him at the beginning of the winter but should fit all the way through our rotten new england winters so until he's 16 months. At least I hope it will. Hope that helps, baby sizing is SO weird.

That is why we got Seth's. We were in MA for visits so he needed something warm for that cold weather. LOL.

Now we are in Germany. The weather is pretty much the same here as there. I hate it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC