WWYD- trying out a carseat

NannyMom

I want to try a TF in the center of DH's Durango. When I go to BRU it's always during the week because it's so close to work. I don't take DH's truck to work because it's a pain the way I do the carseats :)

I called the 2 Targets near home and they said if I wanted to try out a seat I'd have to buy it. If I returned the seat (which I'd do right away), the seat would be re-shelved. Which is good, I wouldn't want them to have to dispose of an unused seat.

So.... Would you waste gas and time driving 30 mins (1 way) to BRU, or just do the buy/return at Target (literally across the street)?

During my CPST course I tried the TF FF in the Durango, but didn't have a change to do RF. And no one I know actually owns one.

ADS

NannyMom

I would return it at Target because I'm pretty sure I can find it cheaper online, and the local Targets only have the beige, which is too light for all the dirty shoes with RF :)

BW1426

I would return it at Target because I'm pretty sure I can find it cheaper online, and the local Targets only have the beige, which is too light for all the dirty shoes with RF :)

I would go to BRU. I have a problem with doing that and having the intention of returning it right off the bat. I think that's taking advantage of the store. When you try it out at BRU it's not like they have to restock the shelves, you just take the seat that's on the shelf.

NannyMom

I would go to BRU. I have a problem with doing that and having the intention of returning it right off the bat. I think that's taking advantage of the store. When you try it out at BRU it's not like they have to restock the shelves, you just take the seat that's on the shelf.

Which is what I wanted at Target, use the display. But they said no, I'd have to buy it, and I asked "and return it right away?" and they said yes :(

Maybe if I go to Target when they're not busy and I ask the manager really nicely, she'll let me try the display.

BW1426

Which is what I wanted at Target, use the display. But they said no, I'd have to buy it, and I asked "and return it right away?" and they said yes :(

Maybe if I go to Target when they're not busy and I ask the manager really nicely, she'll let me try the display.

Is there a specific reason why you're thinking it might not work in the Durango?

LuvMyCharlie

What if you 'bought' the display? Obviously, let the manager know what's going on, but that way you get to try it out, but you don't have to 'waste' a new seat. KWIM?

NannyMom

Is there a specific reason why you're thinking it might not work in the Durango?

The center seat in the Durango is very narrow. There is a crack on each side. FOr some reason, over time her seats (Scenera and Titan) both tend to shift to a side, and sink a bit and loosen. At least, that's my best guess as to how it keeps loosening. I did notice today, DH put his arm on the top of the seat when backing up.

I can't put her seat OB DS because DH puts his seat too far back. I can't put her seat OB PS because I don't trust his friends to not put the seat too far back and mess with the installation.

The SS1 always fit so nicely. And the Durango manual does NOT say you can't put a carseat there.

Anyway, I thought the TF might fit better since it seems to be a little wider :confused: If it doesn't, I can't buying another seat when she already has 5. If she needs another RF seat (because of height), she would get a TF, but we have lots of time before that.

sunnymw

Please update and let me know if this works, I'd LOVE to put a car seat there (have had zero luck with the Radian and Boulevard). :)

NannyMom

Please update and let me know if this works, I'd LOVE to put a car seat there (have had zero luck with the Radian and Boulevard). :)

I thought the Radian would work since it's so narrow. But....I have one to use in a rental for a few days and I put the RF foot there and it was too wide to fit between the seatbelts :rolleyes:

BW1426

If you get something that tether's RFing, you won't have to worry about the install getting messed with. HappyMothers.com has Marathons for $185 right now. Frankly, I'm not sure how pushing their seat back is going to ruin the install unless she's in the seat and how often does DH have someone riding with him?

teacher01

I don't know about that particular seat, but I did not have any problem installing my DS decathlon either rf or ff. We did use a pool noodle for rf, but there were no problems. I had a tech check it, and said it was a great install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC