sienna owners (8-passenger)

ADS

Chameleon

I don't have a Frontier to compare it too, but I know you can get a Regent and a Regent Side by side. I'm sure you can though.

NannyMom

I don't have a regent or frontier (but I do have a Nautilus). I imagine I could fit anything side by side in the 2nd row.

BW1426

I recall someone posting a picture of 3 regents across.

*Off to search*

ETA: I cannot find it. Does anyone else remember this thread or post? Or, is this something I dreamt?

Last edited:

ginny4

THAT IS SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!! now to have my van totalled from accident & find a 8-passenger within our budget. gee that should be easy. LOL

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I recall someone posting a picture of 3 regents across.

*Off to search*

ETA: I cannot find it. Does anyone else remember this thread or post? Or, is this something I dreamt?

Three Regents across are rumored to be possible, but I don't recall a picture showing them ever being posted. There is a pic floating around of 2 Regents side by side (or a Regent and a Husky) with a RF Britax convertible in the second row of an 8-passenger Sienna owned by Lynsgirl, though.

NannyMom

Three Regents across are rumored to be possible, but I don't recall a picture showing them ever being posted. There is a pic floating around of 2 Regents side by side (or a Regent and a Husky) with a RF Britax convertible in the second row of an 8-passenger Sienna owned by Lynsgirl, though.

I know I saw a pic of 3 regents (and/or huskys) across. Not sure if it was in the 3 across thread, or someone just posted it somewhere.

emandbri

I haven't tried it. I feel the need to say again how much I LOVE having my 8 seater. Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch and had room for my brother and today we are going to six flags and might be taking my mom. If we had a 7 seater we could have done it but would have to move seats around.

erinnicolevan

Do any of you that own the 8-passenger Sienna miss the extra features available on the XLE/Limited models, like nav and leather seats? I really want the 8-seater (we will have 5 kids, all in carseats, under the age of 7), but DH wants the XLE Limted that only seats 7. He said if we get the 8-seater Sienna, we might as well get a Suburban instead because kids will be climbing over the seats or have difficulty accessing the 3rd row. I know we will rarely use the extra seat, but it would be so nice to have it just in case.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The really nice thing to me is that that 3rd seat in the 2nd row is a captain's chair, a full seat, not just a "+1" like in some vehicles. I would think the 3rd row is actually probably harder to get 3 across than the 2nd because of how the seats are made.

NannyMom

Do any of you that own the 8-passenger Sienna miss the extra features available on the XLE/Limited models, like nav and leather seats? I really want the 8-seater (we will have 5 kids, all in carseats, under the age of 7), but DH wants the XLE Limted that only seats 7. He said if we get the 8-seater Sienna, we might as well get a Suburban instead because kids will be climbing over the seats or have difficulty accessing the 3rd row. I know we will rarely use the extra seat, but it would be so nice to have it just in case.

You can buy a GPS at most stores, so I don't miss not having a built in Navi (not that I ever actually had one). Leather seats, I don't care about. AWD might have been nice, but I think 5 LATCH positions (1 is on that 8th seat) is a nice trade off.

When my boss has her baby this winter, I'll be using the 3rd row on an almost daily basis. If you have a booster seat in one of the outboard 2nd row seats, it's really easy. The seat easily flips for the kids to get to the back. OR, you could scoot the outboard seat all the way forward (still plenty of leg room for my 8 year old, and her backpack), sometimes kids can just squeeze through without flipping the seat. Kids never climb over seats in my van.

Chameleon

I willl never get leather seats, so that's not a problem :D and I already have GPS, so that's taken care of as well. It's actually VERY easy to get to the 3rd row of the Sienna. I actually hardly ever keep 3 seats in my 2nd row. I only have 1 outboard and the middle seat in there and the other is stored in my garage unless I need it. It works because there is that extra space to get to the 3rd row, and extra space for me to buckle kids in. When I do need the extra seat, it just flips up and is still easy peasy.

Jeanum

Staff member
No regrets here, either. We had leather seating and AWD in our previous vehicle (AWD Saturn Vue) that was replaced by our 8-passenger Sienna, and really haven't missed those features in the Sienna. No more hot/sticky leather seats in the summer or cold posteriors in the winter, lol. We have a portable GPS device to swap around between vehicles. It's handy to be able to fold down the third row on occasion and still have a 5-passenger vehicle, although we usually have the second row outboard seat stowed in the garage or basement for easier access to the third row.

Jeanum

Staff member
LOL. We once forgot where we had stored the second row outboard seat when we wanted to stick it back in the van to drive the in-laws around with us and ripped the garage and basement apart trying to find it. Turns out it was at my parent's house, oops.

ginny4

when we tested out an 05 8 pass. it was sooooo easy to flip the seat. it was all of a pulling of a lever & it automatically folded up & out of the way. i'd say one capt chair would def be an empty seat or one for a child who passes the 5-step test. i so want this van. however we just can't afford it rioght now like i had hoped. especially since we may never see a dime from the dude that hit us. sorry that's another whole story.

emandbri

Do any of you that own the 8-passenger Sienna miss the extra features available on the XLE/Limited models, like nav and leather seats?

The only two features I would have liked to have are the second autmoatic door and the cruise control with the sensor thing. But if i had a second automatic door I would want a button on my key fob and I don't think that is an option anyway. I added a back up camera and I've never had navigation so I didn't miss it.

Last year I kept the second row passanger side seat out so it was easy for the older kids to get to the back but now I've left it in, it isn't that hard to flip up. I might take it out in the summer for the 6 weeks when the kids are out of school (they are on year around so it isn't the whole summer).

loufrando

This thread is making me want a van soooo bad! Curse you owners of my much-dreamed of 8 psg Sienna! :mad: I had just made peace with driving the Micro-Machine for another couple of years until we can save up and now I have all this new van lust! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC