Does the frontier only have foam on the headrest?.Another what to do with Elizabeth and preschool thread......

emandbri

I can't seem to find a picture of a naked one anywhere.

I posted before that I was trying to figure out what to do when Elizabeth starts preschool in July. It is set up so you pull up and the teachers get the kids in. Parking and going in to get a kid is VERY annoying because it is hard to pull out because of the line of cars.

I don't want to turn Elizabeth forward facing but I'm also uneasy with the teachers buckling her in when I can't see what they are doing. Benjamin is in the very middle of the van in a marathon and I could reach over and buckle him, but last year I hurt my back and put him on the side and his straps were twisted 80% of the time.

My plan was to keep Elizabeth rear-facing and let her used Benjamin's seat when I had to pick her up. I figured the straps would be a bit over her shoulders but it would be better than having her forward facing full time.

Not sure if that will work though because Benjamin is close to being too tall for the MA and I'm going to get him either a nautilus or a frontier. I was playing with the nautilus and noticed that it only has foam on the headrests. I need to try them both in it but I think if I have it adjusted for Benjamin the headrest would be too tall and Elizabeth wouldn't have foam around her head.

After seeing how the wizard only has foam on the wings I'm betting the frontier is the same.

Benjamin will be in all day kindergarten and won't be in the seat as much. I could adjust it for Elizabeth and change it back when Benjamin needs to ride in it. Which seat would be easiest to do that with? I could also put the radian there in the middle, it has foam all down the sides. I hadn't considered putting the radian there because it sits much further back and lower than the marathon and it would be harder to reach around and buckle from the front seat.

I also thought about teaching the teachers how to buckle the kids in after I'm certified again. Then I could leave her rear-facing. The teachers really need to know how to buckle the kids in anyway. :whistle:

There is also one teacher that Benjamin had last year who was awesome about getting Benjamin in right, I'm wondering if I could request that that teacher always be the one to bring her out.

It could all be a moot point, she is 32 lbs and might be 35 lbs by July anyway. :(

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Her and Evan are the same size, lol. I bet by July she's 35#, so I would probably just plan for a ffing seat for her, I'm guessing just using her MA ffing. The Frontier would be easier to change the harness height, but I think you still have to uninstall it to do that.

MoreLatte

If it was me, I think I would just let the preschool teacher open the door and help her in, then I would hop out and buckle her up. If her seat is in the middle of the middle row, you could buckle her from the driver's side of the car and you could have it done quicker than someone who is unfamiliar with your carseat. You really would only be holding the line up a few seconds, if even that.

I wouldn't be comfortable having the teacher buckling her. I'm surprised that they would want that liability, too. When we discharge moms and babies from the hospital, we are not allowed to buckle the babies in, the parents have to, because we would be liable if something happened.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The Frontier would be easier to change the harness height, but I think you still have to uninstall it to do that.

I have actually changed to harness without uninstalling by leaning my weight on the front of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC