P3 and Combi Connection question

skipspin

I *think* that I might look for a used P3 for myself for Christmas. I don't think my Zooper will make it through #3 since I've used it a LOT for my two, and checked it multiple times, etc.

I'd love it if my Combi car seat would fit on it. Now, I don't care if it "officially" fits, but I want it to be secure enough for church, or maybe a short errand. Most of the time baby will be in the stroller without the seat or in a sling/MT. I will probably have access to a Snugride 22, but I really like the Combi better and want to use it till I switch to the RA.

Also, any certain years of P3s to look for? I'll be stalking Craigslist, maybe ebay if I haven't found a deal before Feb or so.

ETA: if I get one I want one with the snack tray for sure!

Last edited:
ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I'd love it if my Combi car seat would fit on it. Now, I don't care if it "officially" fits, but I want it to be secure enough for church, or maybe a short errand. Most of the time baby will be in the stroller without the seat or in a carrier. I will probably have access to a Snugride 22, but I really like the Combi better and want to use it till I switch to the RA.

Also, any certain years of P3s to look for? I'll be stalking Craigslist, maybe ebay if I haven't found a deal before Feb or so.

Love my P3 :love:

I'm pretty sure that it was in 2004 that they switched from the Pliko to the P3so I would look for a '04 and newer. I have a 2004 and i'm not sure of any of the major changes that have been made from '04-'08 models.

Not sure if the Combi will fit but the SR does as does the SS1.

ETA:
Here is a '06 in Toffee for $99 plus $35 for shipping

skipspin

I guess I'll take my Connection to BRU and see if it works at all.

There was a 07ish P3 that looked great on my CL for $70, but I heard back and it's gone. :-( I'll probably keep watching CL, then go with ebay if I don't find something by the end of January.

I was also lusting after the Chicco liteway, so maybe I'll decide I like that better anyway... So many strollers, so little money. LOL.

lil96

I prefer the 2008 because they have the newer brakes. I had an older one and the brakes broke. I think the older system look more like it would break than the newer one.
I think in 2007 or 2006 they changed the sewing pattern, I am not sure how to describe it. Not a big deal, but my older model the material is easier to take off than my newer one.
In 2006 I think they switched to the reversible hood which is nice, but not needed.
in (i think) 2003 or 4 they changed the harness, I think it depends on which you want, both have their high and low points. The older sysytem the harness is all one piece (sort of) and the newer one you can just snap around the waist if you want.

If you really want the snack tray, they sell them from pegperego.com in the overstock section, I think for about $20 or so.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC