I think we're going to have to ditch the GN for a RN

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ugh! The GN is too wide to fit the RN XT I'm getting Evan in the back corner. It fit on the one side, but I realized yesterday (when trying to squeeze 5 kids in my car, 2rfing, 2 harnessed, and 1 booster) that the side I tried the RN on was the larger side and it barely fit. I'm thinking if I had him them both in RN they'd fit and still keep a spot open for a booster or whatnot. I hate to get him a convertible seat now, seems silly, but I have no real choice. I need to try him in it again to see how much time he has left, I know it's not much, but hopefully it'll last another year and I can get Ilana to at least 3 rfing and then we can switch him to a booster and her ffing in his seat. I think we'll keep the GN for DH's truck, it makes an awesome spare for them since he can only take one kid at a time. Then we'll ditch the Apex and eventually the baby will get Ilana's BV.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
DH is not though, lol, he said I was trying to kill him! :) I like getting new seats, but I feel like we're going backwards since the RN won't last as long w/ the harness. :(

melniemi

So...you need to keep the Nautilus and use that but have a radian as a spare so that when you need 3 across, you can use 2 radians. Otherwise just put both outboard. Or one rf'ing kiddo in the middle of the back next to a radian and the Nautilus and infant seat in the middle row.:p

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
W/ the GN, there's no way to do 3 across back there, trust me I tried the other day. I really feel I want that shoulder belt open for kids or me, you never know when kids will want to pop over w/ you, lol. No to rfing in the 3rd row. We had to do that the other day to get 3 across and it was no fun for that person, Ilana. She was super mad about it and then Evan wanted to ride there and that only lasted one short trip before he asked to get out! I just feel like we're going backwards, that's o.k. though if we need to. I think AJ should have about an inch left in it, a little more if we really push the 'even w/ top slots' limit, that should be enough to get Ilana to 3 or so rfing. He's only grown about an inch in torso in 2 yrs so he can keep that up and we'll be fine...So do I get 2 XTs or just an XT for the outside person and a regular 65 for the middle person (they'll be side by side)?

melniemi

Depends on what you like. I like the SIP on the XT and the place to rest their heads. I'm not thrilled with the regular radian, so if I got one, I'd likely get the XT.

I was thinking you could keep the Nautilus and use that regularly, but when you need 3 across, use 2 radians and a booster. I see what you mean about never knowing when you'll have an extra person. I never take anyone else with me unless planned. There is no getting a third seat in the third row with a regent back there.

melniemi

That is what tax returns are for:whistle:

Do you have any marathon covers or anything that you can part with?

You have some gift cards from baby universe you can use toward them, don't you?

If not, a reg radian would be fine in the center seat.:love:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We'll just have to squeeze everyone in the best we know how till tax time if baby is already here. A few wks will be o.k. The XT doesn't come out till then anyways.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC