Got my Misty Morning True Fit!

seamonkeys

Well, I finally broke down and bought one and about an hour ago!!

I've installed it RFing, but DS2 is sleeping, so I can't try him in it yet. I do love how deep the seat is, but the adjuster button is so far down I can barely squeeze my fingers in the pull on the button!

Anybody else have this issue? I tried making it a little more recline, but didn't seem to help. Thankfully I usually get the harness tight enough and then don't adjust. But if I need to, seems like a pain.

I really want this seat to work because I love that it will give more leg room for ERFing! And plus I don't want to have to return or sell it! :rolleyes:

ETA: forgot to mention, DOM is 1/2008. Not terribly happy with that, but it's got a 7 yr expiration, right? DC3 will be 6 by then, so I think we'd get full use of it.

Photos w/out DS:
IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

MOM25BOYS

YAY! Glad you got your seat and that you are loving the RF room.:D And yes, mine is tight against the seat back like that also, but I don't think it quite that tight. I can still get my hand to the adjuster. I hope DS likes it and hope it works for you.:D

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If you need to adjust it... recline the vehicle seat, adjust harness, move the vehicle seat back upright. That should not affect your install since you've opted to use LATCH. :)

firemomof3

Ya, I had the same problem with my true fit. But the leg room for rf is just incredible (especially when compared to my signos! ;))

seamonkeys

YAY! Glad you got your seat and that you are loving the RF room.:D And yes, mine is tight against the seat back like that also, but I don't think it quite that tight. I can still get my hand to the adjuster. I hope DS likes it and hope it works for you.:D

Yes, I do love the leg room. I guess I can recline the vehicle seat a little and that helps. I put it pretty straight thinking it would help recline the TF more. But I just reclined it a little and it's fine.

If you need to adjust it... recline the vehicle seat, adjust harness, move the vehicle seat back upright. That should not affect your install since you've opted to use LATCH. :)

True.

I just wish the adjuster handle wasn't so pointed. I kind of hurts to pull on it. Oh well, like I said, I rarely adjust, so it won't matter.

We took a little test drive to Target and DS2 looked so roomy in it. So I think it will stay. But I'm already sad thinking of not seeing my cute MA covers every day! Geez, you'd think it was MY seat! :rolleyes:

jess71903

Ambassador
I have found that I don't miss getting to the adjuster like I thought I would. With the continuous loop harness, it's easier just to leave it right (and know that if DH puts DS in the car that it's already right!). I can get to mine if I have to, though.

Nisha

I'm so jealous! I almost want to trade my All Sport MA for one just so DS has the extra leg room RF!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We took a little test drive to Target and DS2 looked so roomy in it. So I think it will stay. But I'm already sad thinking of not seeing my cute MA covers every day! Geez, you'd think it was MY seat! :rolleyes:

I totally know what you mean about this. Selling "my" MA was so hard because I was so attached to the cowmoo cover. :eek: In the end it didn't make sense for me to hang on to a seat though that I knew I wouldn't be using. I do miss it a bit though.

Congrats on your new seat. :D

theshapeshifter

I do find the harness adjuster to be a real pain as well - especially since it seems like it's easy enough to *loosen* the harness but harder to tighten it properly once loosened. However, as pp's have said, I just leave it alone and take advantage of the continuous harness... except for when DS has a growth spurt and really does need adjusting.

And even though the harness is an annoyance, it's *so* much outweighed by how comfortable DS is in the seat, and how much front-seat room we gain by having it in a more upright install - so I would never dream of switching to another seat now (until it gets outgrown, obviously!).

MontecitoGal

...but the adjuster button is so far down I can barely squeeze my fingers in the pull on the button!

Anybody else have this issue? I tried making it a little more recline, but didn't seem to help. Thankfully I usually get the harness tight enough and then don't adjust. But if I need to, seems like a pain.

[/IMG]

Yes same issue but just takes a little bot of wiggling (although that's hard because it's so rock solid!).

Have you tried adjusting the crotch buckle? Mine will not budge!

seamonkeys

Yes same issue but just takes a little bot of wiggling (although that's hard because it's so rock solid!).

Have you tried adjusting the crotch buckle? Mine will not budge!

No, haven't tried changing the crotch buckle while installed. It's on the middle spot, so I don't foresee having to change it anytime soon.

We'll be trying it more today, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep it. And my friend will be really happy cause that means I'll sell her one of my MA's - she wants my Mossy Oak!!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I do find the harness adjuster to be a real pain as well - especially since it seems like it's easy enough to *loosen* the harness but harder to tighten it properly once loosened. However, as pp's have said, I just leave it alone and take advantage of the continuous harness... except for when DS has a growth spurt and really does need adjusting.

For tightening, reach at the back of the shell and grab the straps back there after you've checked that the harness is in place in front and snug at the hips - I like to have the extra slack sitting up at the shoulders before I tighten... Pull from behind so that the straps are properly snug over the shoulders, then hold that at the back and pull on the adjuster strap - the slack that was created in the adjuster strap when you pulled the straps from the back will disappear easily. If you find that the splitter plate is sitting right on the edge of the bend at the back so that you can't quite get the last bit of slack out, then switch from the longer set of harness loops, to the shorter set, and that will fix that problem too. (The TF comes on the longer set up loops, but has a 2nd set the same way the SR does.) :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC