"New" Bobby Mac in the collection

classicseats

This just proves they are still out there. My latest find, Bobby Mac toddler seat from 1977 on the left, and some others of different years. And a successful 4 across install. Just kidding.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Especially when you have your toddler in Daisy Dukes and a tube top (yes, we have a pic of my sister like that round about that time.) Yeowch!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Crazy tall top slots and short seatbacks...and you know cars didn't have headrests...whiplash city! :rolleyes:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Whoa, where do you find those seats? They aren't still in use, are they?!

Did you notice Classicseats includes a signature disclaimer, inspired by similar queries about whether the seats were still being used to transport children? ;)
Classicseats also has a history of dodging the question about sources of the seat collection, probably not wanting to tip off competing collectors. :p Our best guess is eBay, CL, garage sales and curbside trash/treasure picking. :whistle:

Maedze

Did you notice Classicseats includes a signature disclaimer, inspired by similar queries about whether the seats were still being used to transport children? ;)
Classicseats also has a history of dodging the question about sources of the seat collection, probably not wanting to tip off competing collectors. :p Our best guess is eBay, CL, garage sales and curbside trash/treasure picking. :whistle:

Yeah, I didn't figure someone here was using them :p I was just wondering if he was finding them with parents still using them for their children.

Classicseats, I'm looking at your album right now. It's great! All that vinyl :whistle:

classicseats

Some great members here turned me on to some.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can measure the slot heights if anyone is interested? I don't think they were supposed to be used when the childs head reached the top of the seat?

Yeah, the latest recommendation is to use seats till the shoulders are at the top slots or the tops of the ears are at the top of the seatback, whichever comes first (or weight limit, if that's reached first, of course). But most (all) seats are now built so that the shoulders can't creep much above the top slots without the ears still being well below the top of the seatback.
:)

MamaLinzie

My sister found one those seats at a yard sale and bought it for $1. I have a pic of her DD modeling this seat. It is bizarre!

melniemi

I think I used a seat like this when I was young. I vaguely remember buckling myself in one around age 4. I wonder if my mom has any pics.

MamaLinzie

Bobby-Mac.

The baby RF in this seat was about 16 months or so at the time.

bobbymac2.jpg

bobbymac.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC