Is this carseat for real? What do you think about it?

ADS

Andie

Both articles are from 2006. They must be taking a long time to make it, if in fact they are still trying.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I believe that Evenflo and Janusz W. parted ways after a year.

So yes, the car seat is for real in that someone had the idea and built a prototype. And no, the car seat is not for real in that it is not available on the market and likely won't be for a long time, if ever.

As far as what I think about it - it's awfully, awfully large. And the parts of the design look questionable to me, such as the bar in front of the child. I am very skeptical that it could/would ever come to market, at least in the U.S./Canada for sure.

Blondie87

Yeah.. I know it's not out at all. But it's just crazy.. who woulda thought! It might work well with some updates and alterations tho. Who knows..

leighi123

I saw that on the show a few yrs ago - seemed like it would be outgrown in height really fast too - it is HUGE, seems like it would be hard to install too (I install seats by sitting in them...lol)

In the second article why does it say "Best of all, mothers do not need to tightly belt up their kids anymore." - Does that mean you can have the straps loose on that seat and it will still work? I dont get it!

fyrfightermomma

I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering what happened with it. The theory is good, the actual product I don't think could ever go anywhere

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC