FF and nowhere to put his feet!!!

BabyKaykes

Title explains it all....

How do I keep DS from doing this with two teenagers in the car next to him??? He whines and complains when they hang.
seatff.jpg

Side note: I am REALLY disliking this whole FF business. He already talks a lot but was pretty quiet when RF. Now he never shuts up and is a backseat driver.

ADS

mom2juliarose

I have no advice but TOTALLY hear you on the backseat talking. I turned DD FFing about a year and a half ago when she outgrew her seat RFing, and she hasn't shut up since. I love her, but she is a talker! Constantly, "Mommy, look at this." "Mommy, look!" "Mommy, do you see?" I can't even tell her how many times I've told her its a safety violation (thanks Lou & Lou's Safety Patrol) for her to distract me!

loufrando

Welcome to forward facing! :rolleyes: The 'nowhere to put the feet' thing is why I currently have two brand new seat protectors on order- Sam now 'props' her feet on the back of my driver's seat so she can 'have her feet up'. Ugh.

And I hear you on the backseat driver issue... kids music?

Why can't we have 55 lb rfing seats in the US?!?!:(

Maedze

Welcome to forward facing! :rolleyes: The 'nowhere to put the feet' thing is why I currently have two brand new seat protectors on order-

I think those are not safe? :confused:

OP, I put a beanbag on the floor in front of my son. It's big and gives him a place to rest his feet. Otherwise he kicks the heck out of my seat :rolleyes:

Andie

I'm not sure if this is ok, but I've seen some parents make a pyramid of noodles, put some string through, and then tie it to the seat through the RF belt path to make a foot rest.

Thoughts anyone?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I have no idea but OMG he's adorable. Those eyelashes! Those perfect little baby teeth! :love:

How about "Well teens, just take a look at that smile and tell me again what the problem is?" :D

Ali

I made DD footrests for her MAs because she could NOT stand having her legs hang.

It helped immensely!

See my post HERE!

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
As for the backseat driver...I've got one of those. I went through a blinking yellow light the other day and my ds (3) yelled at me! I said it was ok, it was yellow (it's a caution EMS is nearby type of light) and his response was 'Well, we got a big pwobwem here!' :ROTFLMAO:

As for the feet, is getting a different seat an option? In the EFTA ds sits deep enough that he rarely throws his legs over the side.

And I have to add...I could just eat him up he's so cute! If you're ever giving him away I've got first dibs!! :D

BabyKaykes

How about "Well teens, just take a look at that smile and tell me again what the problem is?" :D

LOL, that might work...however, they live with him, so they don't think he's cute....

*cough* Swedish seat *cough*

I'd kill for that green Multi Tech right about now.

As for the feet, is getting a different seat an option? In the EFTA ds sits deep enough that he rarely throws his legs over the side.

And I have to add...I could just eat him up he's so cute! If you're ever giving him away I've got first dibs!! :D

New seat not an option right now. When we were at BRU a few weeks ago he was able to cross his legs in the Frontier, but I won't be able to buy one until probably next spring.

As for giving him away...I was thinking eBay, but I'll keep you in mind the next time he's acting like a butt!

When he got in the car after school today he said, 'no mommy, I want to sit the other way!' What happened to my baby??? :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You could always amputate.

(That was my mom's and dad's response when we complained. "I stubbed my toe and it HURTS!" "Oh, no. I can cut it off for you, then it won't hurt any more." "I scraped my knee and it really hurts!" "Let me get the scalpel, I'll amputate." The first time I made one of those jokes in front of my husband's family they all looked horrified...)

Andie

You could always amputate.

(That was my mom's and dad's response when we complained. "I stubbed my toe and it HURTS!" "Oh, no. I can cut it off for you, then it won't hurt any more." "I scraped my knee and it really hurts!" "Let me get the scalpel, I'll amputate." The first time I made one of those jokes in front of my husband's family they all looked horrified...)

We tell that to our kids too! But it's "Let me get the chainsaw (hacksaw, etc)". Glad I'm not the only "mean" parent that does that.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
See, what was funnier was my dad was a doctor and my mom a nurse. I'm not sure about my mom but I know my dad had scalpels in the house (you should see him stuff a turkey, it's hilarious. He cuts off excess with a scalpel, and uses a kelly clamp and surgical needle and thread to close it once it's stuffed.)

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I take it "criss-cross applesauce" or some other form of crossing his legs doesn't cut it. And his legs probably aren't long enough to prop on the console between the front seats.

Hasn't someone here used a styrofoam cooler or other lightweight materials to build a foot rest?

BabyKaykes

I take it "criss-cross applesauce" or some other form of crossing his legs doesn't cut it. And his legs probably aren't long enough to prop on the console between the front seats.

Hasn't someone here used a styrofoam cooler or other lightweight materials to build a foot rest?

The Uptown isn't deep enough for him to cross his legs, and the back seat is so big that he won't reach the center console for awhile yet. They don't reach the backs of the front seats, either.

For now he's still sitting with his legs tossed over the sides of the seat. When the girls are in the car he just whines as they hang. Thinking about trying the footrest.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
See, what was funnier was my dad was a doctor and my mom a nurse. I'm not sure about my mom but I know my dad had scalpels in the house (you should see him stuff a turkey, it's hilarious. He cuts off excess with a scalpel, and uses a kelly clamp and surgical needle and thread to close it once it's stuffed.)

You have so got to take a video and post it for us.

As for the foot rest problem, I found a sleeping bag in a stuff sack was a perfect footrest. Firm enough to climb on, but soft enough to not be a projectile.

And he is so adorable!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure if this is ok, but I've seen some parents make a pyramid of noodles, put some string through, and then tie it to the seat through the RF belt path to make a foot rest.

Thoughts anyone?

This is usually a great solution. :thumbsup:

I made DD footrests for her MAs because she could NOT stand having her legs hang.

It helped immensely!

See my post HERE!

Check out the link in this above post with a picture of how it's done. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC