Frontier.... How easy is it

MissAllyLou

... to change from harness mode to booster mode? I'm leaning towards the Frontier for Mary to use as a booster, but then I'd sell the Nautilus and probably the Monarch, too.

It can be LATCHED in booster mode, too, right?

Also, what color should I get? Pink? Red? Grey?

I currently have a BLVD in Onyx, MA in Platinum, and RN65 in Granite. This seat would replace the BLVD or the MA, doesn't really matter. In the warmer months, I use a Meghan cover and a Cowmoo cover instead. The riders would both be girls. What do you think??

Also, is it on sale anywhere?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

... to change from harness mode to booster mode? I'm leaning towards the Frontier for Mary to use as a booster, but then I'd sell the Nautilus and probably the Monarch, too.

It can be LATCHED in booster mode, too, right?

Do you mean switch back and forth to use it in harnessed mode for one child and booster for another? It's not too hard, but would get old. To switch to booster mode you have to remove the harness and crotch buckle, move the recline block and remove the screw in the headrest.

yes, it can utilize LATCH in booster mode. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I find it more difficult to get the harness in and out of this seat than others (like the Boulevard, which is a breeze)... the ends of the belts have metal tabs (like the bottom of the crotch strap) that are super hard to cram in and out of plastic holder-parts on the bottom of the seat, and the screw coming in and out of the headrest is a royal pain :(

MissAllyLou

Hmm. Well I mostly need it as a booster, but I'm trying to sell my Nautilus and my Monarch, so I might occasionally need it to harness a taller kiddo. I can see how it would get old, but doesn't sound too bad for as little as I'd need to change it. Thanks :)

I guess I have to like it, cuz I just ordered one from Amazon :whistle:

Heather98012

I dunno....we haven't converted it to a booster yet.

Please tell me you didn't get it in pink. If you did...yikes. My pink seat looks like ca-ca. It just gets SO dirty! We've had it since May & it looks worse than seats I had for years before (admittedly, they weren't pink!). I'm afraid to even hand wash it, but I'll have to. And it's not like we've even had that much rain yet in Seattle. You can CLEARLY see leg marks where her thighs sit....I suppose from sweat, oils from skin, whatever when she was in shorts all summer.

My DH"s red Frontier looks much better. It doesn't get used nearly as often, so that's one reason. I also just think the red hides dirt better.

Let us know what you think of it when you get it (& about the splitter plate issue!).

MissAllyLou

Yes, I got pink :( Bummer! I've had the Monarch in Red Racer for 2 years, and it still looks brand new, so I just assumed the pink would hold up as well! Darnit!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you JUST ordered it, you can change it. I really would, I've heard bad things about the pink :/.

Heather98012

UGH, it won't let me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fencing:

I'd email or call Amazon's customer service & see if they can change it for you.

Don't get me wrong...the pink is cute. It just gets dirty WAY too fast. And since it's hand wash only....it isn't easy to clean (I haven't even tried yet, though).

MissAllyLou

I'd email or call Amazon's customer service & see if they can change it for you.

Don't get me wrong...the pink is cute. It just gets dirty WAY too fast. And since it's hand wash only....it isn't easy to clean (I haven't even tried yet, though).

I was debating big time between red and pink, and finally chose pink because Mary's the only one that's never had a pink seat, and I know she'd love it! UGH. She'll have to be SUPER careful :whistle:

U

Unregistered1

Taking the harness out to switch to booster mode was VERY easy for M's frontier (which, BTW, is pink and not dirty yet... I really like it) and the way the instructions have you take the harness out it's a snap to put it back in. There's even a little place to snap the splitter plate in for storage when in booster mode! I took the harness straps and the screw from the back and put them in a freezer size ziploc so I won't lose them (especially the screw).

Have you ever taken the harness in/out of a GN? Yeah, the Frontier is WAY easier. The harness is not continuous, so you can leave the chest clip and the buckles on and everything.

TerisBoys

Taking the harness out to switch to booster mode was VERY easy for M's frontier (which, BTW, is pink and not dirty yet... I really like it) and the way the instructions have you take the harness out it's a snap to put it back in. There's even a little place to snap the splitter plate in for storage when in booster mode! I took the harness straps and the screw from the back and put them in a freezer size ziploc so I won't lose them (especially the screw).

Have you ever taken the harness in/out of a GN? Yeah, the Frontier is WAY easier. The harness is not continuous, so you can leave the chest clip and the buckles on and everything.

GN isn't continuous either. It loops around hooks on either side of the seat at the bottom.

MissAllyLou

That is really good to hear! I won't need to put the harness back in very often, just when I have my cousins, which is about once a month. And I can always buy a new cover if the pink gets dirty, I guess. It'll just feed my addiction!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC