I put a baby in the Boulevard CS (Click n Safe)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
....and was not exactly impressed by the 'click' part... in fact, we buckled the baby in, mom pulled the harness adjuster strap really hard, the kid looked decidedly squooshed (that harness was TIGHT on that baby's shoulders!), and we didn't hear any clicking. So I showed her how to do the good ol' fashion pinch test :rolleyes: (she liked the cover, she'll buy it anyway, lol).

:)

ADS

lorinick

I'm not impressed. I think the CS is a waste of money. I have heard others complain the straps are to tight also. And they hear no clicking sound.

Maedze

When I put a kid in it, it 'clicked' well before it was anything like tight. I think it is a stupid, ill-conceived gimmick. Bad Britax! Bad!

MissAllyLou

All of the CS's I've used have clicked, but well before the harness was actually tight. I've especially found this to be true with rear-facing babies, who still have the HUGS pads on.

But I love the cowmoo BLVD, and I might have to buy one just for that :whistle: .

Blondie87

All of the CS's I've used have clicked, but well before the harness was actually tight. I've especially found this to be true with rear-facing babies, who still have the HUGS pads on.

But I love the cowmoo BLVD, and I might have to buy one just for that :whistle: .

When they FF are you not supposed to have the HUGS pads on? My guys are both RF.. but we may get a child in the future who FF.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think it's the other way around-- HUGS are allowed but not required while RF, while they are required FF.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
HUGS are required for FF, but not for FF. The reason they are required when FF is because the help to reduce the forward head motion (head excursion) in a crash.

Susan

MissAllyLou

HUGS are required for FF, but not for FF. The reason they are required when FF is because the help to reduce the forward head motion (head excursion) in a crash.

Susan

HUGS are required for FF, but not for RF is what you meant to say. Too many abbreviations!

serabi

yeah, we tried the floor model CS at DH's work a couple days after it was put out (so it's not like it'd been out for awhile or abused or anything) and it definitely did not tighten as much as I tighten my kids' straps. lol

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I tried it last week, but no baby so it was hard to tell. It made a loud click and then I had to adjust like it shows in the video and pull again to hear more clicking. Even the loosest click is tighter than most parents get the straps probably.

BW1426

I don't think the CS is worth the extra $20. I was totally disappointed today. I had myself all convinced that I needed a Cowmoo CS, but I'm not thinking so anymore.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC