Would you buy a latchable booster (Oobr)for a non latch spot?

melniemi

Specifically the Oobr. I'm really wanting one for my boostered 8 yo. There is not a latch position where I like him to sit. We only have latch in the middle row and since I need to help the girls buckle in, I prefer to have them there.

So, would you buy one if it wasn't going to be latched in? I'm thinking my dd will use it eventually in a latch spot, but not for 4+ years.

Thanks

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I've been kind of pondering this... I'm happy for now with the two Starts in the third row (they top tether, that's all I have back there), but the middle spot is kind of cramped (I'm thinking a couple years down the road...like if I need to put all kids in the back row, with the girls in boosters, Kar in the middle), so I was thinking I might get an Oobr to put back there to widen up that middle spot for him. I guess it'll depend how heavy and moveable it feels to me when I finally get my hands on one, really. (if it seems to weigh a ton and tips a lot, I won't use it there...if it's bottom-solid even without LATCHing, I'll probably consider it).
:)

capeKO71

Nope... I wouldn't bother.

There are tons of nice boosters that are like 1/3 the price of Oobr... and you have 4 years... there's tons of 'new carseat development' in 4 years... who knows what you'll want instead! lol.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
IF it comes out and proves to be some SUPER thing, yes, I'd get it even if I werent' using it w/ a LATCH spot. More than likely it won't be too super that I would still want to pay the $ for it, lol. As it is, I'm just going to rearrange when AJ goes to a booster so he can have a LATCH spot. ;)

Heather98012

Depends. Will it meet your needs for puzzling? I know it's supposed to be lighter & thinner because of the metal used. So, if that helps out, then yeah, I'd do it.

I probably would anyway, 'cause I think it's just a kick $#@ seat. :D

melniemi

I don't "need" it, but well, you guys get to me every once in awhile:whistle:

My son is in a parkway now and it fits him fine. I don't need to puzzle in the third row and if I did, a marathon fits between 2 parkways and that is about it.

Thanks for the responses. I'll wait and see what the reviews are like before I decide anything. The Monterey doesn't appeal to me, but the Clek is pretty cool looking.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
For those of you with Clek or Indy boosters, what happens with the LATCH anchors when you don't have LATCH? Do you just cram them into the seat bight anyway?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
For those of you with Clek or Indy boosters, what happens with the LATCH anchors when you don't have LATCH? Do you just cram them into the seat bight anyway?

I thinks that's what I've read you're supposed to do w/ them since they don't come off, they have to go somewhere.

Tyler'sMom1117

We have a Clek Olli as our back up seat. My mothers SUV doesn't have Latch and it does fit right into the seat bight. We looooove the Olli. My nieces are always begging to sit in it.

I wouldn't buy the Oobr if I didn't have LATCH though. Too many other seats out there for much less $. I want the Oobr bad, but I don't know if it will work for us. My son has a Regent and when he outgrows it, I don't think the Oobr is going to give us much growing room. I'm assuming he will go from the Regent to the Olli. I think my son is going to be like his Dad, 6 ft. and 180 lbs. by eighth grade. LOL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Oobr will have retractable LATCH anchors. The Olli anchors cram nicely into the seatbight of my captain's chairs (since I have to slide the seat over 2 inches for the belt to fit the kids right, that's good! I can't even use LATCH where I have it, lol), but in our third row there's a seat liner in the bight that prevents the anchors from sliding back, it's not great. I *think* the Jane's retract :confused:

ginny4

i know not the oobr but i did buy a monterey without a LATCH spot. i bought it for many other reasons than LATCH. i figure with a newER van that might come sooner ratehr than later it might have LATCH i can use.

Kat_Momof3

I wouldn't with the oobr... too many other boosters of the same size and dimensions that would do the job just as well without the hefty price tag.

Now, I would for the Monterey... the price isn't nearly as daunting and I would not just be getting it for the purpose of latch, because it is the tallest dedicated booster on the market.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC