Nautilus Mariposa/Cover - new release date

amy919

So I e-mailed Graco last week to find out of they were still on track with the November release date for the Mariposa Nautilus and was told they're not :thumbsdown:.

She told me that the Mairposa will not hit BRU stores until late December and that the cover will be available for purchase directly from Graco at that time as well.

Not sure if anyone else posted this, but I figured I would let anyone know in case they're also waiting on this seat/cover.

ADS

Mattkarn

Man that stinks. Did you happen to ask them what the price was going to be? I remember someone saying $30 and was wondering if its still that.

amy919

It was me that asked the price before. I asked again last week and they are still saying $30 for the cover set.

Kat_Momof3

that sounds right, since if you try to order any of the covers in the replacement part sections, it adds up to about that.

disappointing they are postponing it. I don't like it, but it will boost sales, so hey, I'll take it.

NVMBR02

Thanks for posting. I think I am going to buy one for my neice, my sister bought her a nautilus and I know she would love a girly cover for it.

U

Unregistered

The Nautilus in Mariposa is now available...just wanted to share.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yep - me and Gypsy saw it this Wed. at our local BRU! It's really cute in person, actually. Of all the "girly" covers, I'd prefer it in my car. :D

HEVY

That's not fair to start it off at a higher price than the original. It's like you're penalized for wanting a girly cover :thumbsdown:
I wonder how much they are selling the cover alone for.

tjham

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. It is very pretty :love:!
Yeah, it was $169.99. :thumbsdown:

And to make it worse, they only had the $159.99 marker under the gray Nautilus with the pink seat next to it, no marker, so it looked like they would be the same price. I got up to the register with it to find out it was actually $169.99!

Luckily, I had a 20% off coupon (AND I got a $10 GC for a purchase over $100) so I got it anyway. Just in time, because my granddaughter has outgrown the MA in my car!

morninglori

It was me that asked the price before. I asked again last week and they are still saying $30 for the cover set.

I just contacted Graco to ask about getting the Mariposa covers for DD,

This is from the CS email I just received.
Thank you for contacting customer service. Replacement fabric can be ordered by calling customer service. The head support pad, back support pad, and base pad is $37.00 plus shipping. We accept Visa or MasterCard. If you need further assistance please contact us again.
Thank you.

Just thought I would pass that along.

Lori

Kat_Momof3

yeah, it will be close to 50 plus shipping once you add the belly pad and/or two harness pads

And for those of you with other covers who will be ordering this set.... I'm wanting Reese!... I was showing RUthie the Mariposa and she said it was too much pink... she likes the Reese... she said it looks soft.

So anyone looking to get rid of a Reese set... HI!!:love:

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
That's not fair to start it off at a higher price than the original. It's like you're penalized for wanting a girly cover :thumbsdown:
I wonder how much they are selling the cover alone for.

Marathon Couture covers cost more, too.

So many people told Graco that they wanted a pink cover -- Graco and TRU knew there was a market, so they're playing to it.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Marathon Couture covers cost more, too.

So many people told Graco that they wanted a pink cover -- Graco and TRU knew there was a market, so they're playing to it.

Girl covers are always a risk for manufacturers and sellers. Most parents will go ahead and let their daughter ride in a carseat that matches the car's interior, or that's blue, but very, very few are going to get to the store and say "Oh darn, I really wanted a Nautilus but all they have left is the purple butterfly cover. Oh well - Bobby can ride in purple butterflies!" No - they're either going to go to another store or buy a different brand.

Likewise, if you have an older boy you can pass down his carseat once it's outgrown, but most parents won't pass down a girly carseat if the younger sibling is male.

Boy covers are unisex and will sell to any parent. Girl covers will only sell to half the population of kids. :shrug-shoulders:

loufrando

Now I'm torn. I know I want to buy a Nautilus for dd2 when the RA expires/she outgrows it, but now I can't decide between the cute girly cover or the extra features on the Nautilus Elite! Hmmmm... If only they made the Elite in a girly pattern... maybe dd will hold off on outgrowing the RA long enough for Graco to get to it! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC