New seat DOM 01/2008

Mom2nj

Just bought a new TF from Albeebaby, and the DOB is January 2008, I expected a few months old, but not 10! WWYD?

I can't hold of and not use it, I have to have it starting tomorrow...

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Well, my new ones both have 3/08 DOM's and both came from Amazon just within the last couple of weeks. I looked a Target the other day before I bought mine and it also was a 3/08 DOM. I don't think that there are any other recent DOM's out yet past 3/08 but I could be wrong. I think they are trying to sell off what is left of this TF to make way for the new TF ARB and just not making anymore recent ones.:shrug-shoulders: That does kinda suck about the Jan DOM, but did you get a great deal on it? I got mine for $161/free shipping which is alot better than paying $190 plus gas to go to Target and get it.:twocents:

melniemi

I would just use it. They already have it marked $20 off retail price and they are good for 7 years. The one I just received straight from learning curve is a March dom, so I don't know if they haven't manufactured them for a while or what?

solmama

And, with the 01/08 DOM, you may have gotten one with 3 crotch buckle positions which would be good.

fyrfightermomma

I agree....since you get an extra year of use anyways (7 years instead of 6) I wouldn't be too worried about 10 months old. It still will last a good 6.

There doesn't seem to be too many past May. They may have slowed making them then to make sure they sold them.

jodibug

same thing happened to me when I ordered my Blvd from babyuniverse. next time I will know to call ahead and ask what the DOM is.

kaysmom

I ordered my True Fit from Amazon a few days after MOM25BOYS did and I also recieved a 3/08 DOM so I second what all the others are saying... they must be making room for the new models coming out. I like that it has the 7 year life span though, that was a bonus!!

Mom2nj

It does have the 3 position buckle. I was just a little miffed at the DOM, but it sounds like I couldn't get much of a later date anyway. Thanks!

jess71903

Ambassador
I felt the same way when I got mine, but found out that most of the later DOMs don't have 3 buckle positions, so I was happy that I ended up with one that did.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC