Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

unionfireman

CSR Class at Oak Lawn FD

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this or not, but I wanted to send a big "Thank You" to all the instructors at the CRS Safety class that was hosted the past two weeks at Oak Lawn Fire Station #2. I was a bit apprehensive about taking this course, thinking it may be a bit "dull." While a lot of the material was rather in-depth and rote, the instructors did an EXCELLENT job of making every moment worthwhile, educational, and interesting. Very soon after the class began, my apprehension was transformed into devout interest. I had always been a huge advocate of child safety seats; now I had the knowledge to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Thanks for everything, and I'm sure I'll see you all soon.

-Chris
    unionfireman@attbi.com

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

carsafety

Glad you liked the class!

I'm not sure which, if any, of the local Chicago area instructors read these forums regularly. Even if they don't, your post is good encouragement for others to take the class!

We now host a web page with all the upcoming classes in the area:

www.car-safety.org/classes.html

Feel free to keep visiting these forums. It's always nice to have more technicians to help answer questions.

Robert

Re: Glad you liked the class!

As an Technician/Instructor I find this web can be very useful and hope more people with questions will visit it. Myself I plan and visiting a few times a week to help out.

carsafety

Thanks for helping!

Unfortunately, we don't have the base of users like the carseat forums which are hosted by websites for parents. Most of the visitors here come from search engines like AOL and Yahoo, so it is always sporadic. The Car-Safety.Org pages get about 400 unique visitors a day now, while the Car-Seat.Org forums get less than 100 a day. I have a hunch it isn't likely to improve a lot, since the sites do have reasonable placement in many search engines already.

I think you said you were an instructor in the Chicago area, right? Have we met?

Darren

Robert

Re: Thanks for helping!

Darren, I'm not sure if we have met. I'm with Lake Zurich PD. Usually teach in the Northern suburbs area with Sean, Gene, or Mike and Duran

carsafety

Nope, probably not...

I rarely do checks outside the western suburbs, but figured I might have met you at an update or event somewhere. Perhaps I'll catch you at the Illinois SafeKids meeting in Wheaton (June?) or the state conference this fall in Springfield. I am hoping to go to the ICIP conference in Sacramento, too.

Robert

Just notes

I do know Ken Lynch. I should be at the state conference.